OT - Its not just TV commercials

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

I have seen the commercials on TV that show 'someone' in restaurants covering a Veteran's bill.  Always thought "Yeah a commercial".  WRONG - it does actually happen.  We were at a local truck stop for dinner the other night (they have great food).  When the Guy in the next booth to us left, he stopped to shake Hubby's hand, Thank him for Serving and that he was paying our bill.  Neither of us had ever met the Gentleman before and the only way he could have known Hubby was a Veteran was from the by cap he was wearing (Desert Storm Veteran).  (Hubby is retired on 20 yrs and does have some disabilities.)

I have very seldom seen Hubby in 39 yrs show tears but he did after the Gentleman left.  We will never know his name but he will always be remembered in our prayers.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Wonderful ....

kindess of strangers ---  so nice to hear that this strangers are REAL ...

YOU, Rague and your husband are sooooo deserving of this kindness.

Vicki Sam

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Wonderful ....

kindess of strangers ---  so nice to hear that this strangers are REAL ...

YOU, Rague and your husband are sooooo deserving of this kindness.

Vicki Sam

Very touching

i am glad to know about good and carting people around us.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Thank him for Us too Susan**

Please thank your husband for me for his service too Susan.   I remember Desert Storm so vividly...my nephew was only 19 and in the Marine Corp Reserves and he got sent there & drove a tank.  I sent him a package every day for what seemed like over a year......well that was a long time ago and now he is married to a gal from Australia and they live outside Sydney there and have two sons...early teens.  He told me about a miracle that happened to him in Kuwait ...he saw a missile heading directly toward them and he said that it turned away from them and he considered it to be a Miracle.   Well I believe in Miracles and I know that they do sometimes happen.   Thank you for sharing this wonderful and positive story....  

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Thank him for Us too Susan**

Please thank your husband for me for his service too Susan.   I remember Desert Storm so vividly...my nephew was only 19 and in the Marine Corp Reserves and he got sent there & drove a tank.  I sent him a package every day for what seemed like over a year......well that was a long time ago and now he is married to a gal from Australia and they live outside Sydney there and have two sons...early teens.  He told me about a miracle that happened to him in Kuwait ...he saw a missile heading directly toward them and he said that it turned away from them and he considered it to be a Miracle.   Well I believe in Miracles and I know that they do sometimes happen.   Thank you for sharing this wonderful and positive story....  

so encouraging, and awesome --

wanted to bump this up ---

Vicki Sam

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow that is aussume

Denise

wow that is aussume

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member