Half Marathon

Options

I dedicate my first Half Marathon to the dear people on this discussion board. All is well with me as I ran my first Half Marathon on Sunday. It wasn't easy but I was thinking of what we all go throught, and how blessed that I am to still be here to do this. May victory be with you who are still fighting cancer.

Comments

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's people

Congratulations! It's people like you who give us newbies hope! May you continue to be blessed with good health.

• jthornsbury
    jthornsbury Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Congrats

Planning on running my first 13.1 in March...have completed many 5K and several 10K.  Taking the next step after two years anniversay of competing treatment still NED!!! 

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you.

A great big congratulations to you. Thanks for posting as it gives hope to so many on what they still can do. 

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Charles

Wow that is wonderful to be able to do, and it is very inspiring to all of us as it shows what we can do even after treatment. I still work full time, it is very hard but I force myself because it is what keeps my brain active and telling my broken body you can do it.

Thanks and congratulations my friend

Hondo   

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good on Ya!

Well before my cancer diagnosis in 2009 I had run many half marathons and three full ones.  Once I was able to run again I put an annual 10K on my Cancer Revenge List, and it was an emotional experience crossing the start and finish lines for that.  I was not able to run it in 2014, due to a jaw resection, but it's back on the top of my list for 2015.

Just my way of saying I can relate, and to say congratulations!  All of us survivors need to get back as much of our pre-cancer lives as we can, whatever those things are.

Never give up.

mike

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Mikemetz said:

Good on Ya!

Well before my cancer diagnosis in 2009 I had run many half marathons and three full ones.  Once I was able to run again I put an annual 10K on my Cancer Revenge List, and it was an emotional experience crossing the start and finish lines for that.  I was not able to run it in 2014, due to a jaw resection, but it's back on the top of my list for 2015.

Just my way of saying I can relate, and to say congratulations!  All of us survivors need to get back as much of our pre-cancer lives as we can, whatever those things are.

Never give up.

mike

Liverpool half

Well done. Will do Liverpool half March and c2c uk on bike in May.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Charles, that is

Charles, that is outstanding!!  Cheers to you, friend.

God bless you,

djimage