UPDATE: Quest to soothe the baldies!

Options
SAvent
SAvent Member Posts: 62

Hi Everyone! Some of you may remember me peeking in here and there. I have been super busy trying to build Life After BC. Im almost 4 years clean now, working FT, running a side business & just married last month AND working on something wonderful....

When I went through Chemo I lost my hair quickly. My head became tight, dry, itchy, burning.. drove me NUTS! My doctor told me there was nothing he could really do. He suggested Tylenol, gave me Eucerin etc but not exactly what I needed at the time. Out of frustration I started making my own head cream to soothe my skin and try to keep it from peeling, cracking, bleeding etc as I had seen in several other patients... well, it worked for me and now Im being given the opportunity to share it with others and see if it works for them at all. I am soooo super excited!! Just from talking about it with friends and on FB people have already started asking to order it!

Even if it only helps HALF of those that try it Id feel like it was a major win for us Baldies :)

So please please please say a prayer for my little home made head cream!

Thanks!

Comments

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Hey SA...

Hey SAvent...... Just read your home page and you said you found your "Second" Lump in 2009?   How long before that had you found your FIRST Lump?    One of the things I loved when I was Bald was that I had found two felt pull on hats at the American Cancer Society Room at the Hospital where I got my chemmo and they gave them to me for free.   They kept my head warm at night.  During the day I had lots of scarves and I had two wigs....  I never had the need for any cream for my head though....other than just plain Aveenno lotion or something like that.  I had to use lotion and cream that did not have any smell at all because...ANY ODOR AT ALL MADE ME DEATHLY ILL.      Glad you are doing well.... I suppose you are giving away the way to make a good cream right?  Because I know you would not want to try to make money off of your suffering sister Cancer Survivors.

• bonbondidit
    bonbondidit Member Posts: 116
    Options
    Quest

Way to go Savent!! Glad to see you moving forward with your life and being happy in your journey! I am so happy for you that you found something that worked and gave you relief. I don't have the head problem with the itchiness but mine was just sore. I wish you well in your adventures and prayers for success :)

• SAvent
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Hey SA...

Hey SAvent...... Just read your home page and you said you found your "Second" Lump in 2009?   How long before that had you found your FIRST Lump?    One of the things I loved when I was Bald was that I had found two felt pull on hats at the American Cancer Society Room at the Hospital where I got my chemmo and they gave them to me for free.   They kept my head warm at night.  During the day I had lots of scarves and I had two wigs....  I never had the need for any cream for my head though....other than just plain Aveenno lotion or something like that.  I had to use lotion and cream that did not have any smell at all because...ANY ODOR AT ALL MADE ME DEATHLY ILL.      Glad you are doing well.... I suppose you are giving away the way to make a good cream right?  Because I know you would not want to try to make money off of your suffering sister Cancer Survivors.

Hi There Glow

It had been probably 2 years in between the lumps but seemed like no time at all. I wore hats and scarves, I didnt develop an attachment to wigs until after my hair started growing back.. go figure lol. I tried the lotions but didnt quite do the trick for me. HUGE LAUGH @ the rest... let me just focus on trying to help people first and Ill worry about the rest if and when I get to it. Then maybe we can compare my recipe to the one Aveeno sent you. Thanks for the well wishes!

• SAvent
    Options

Quest

Way to go Savent!! Glad to see you moving forward with your life and being happy in your journey! I am so happy for you that you found something that worked and gave you relief. I don't have the head problem with the itchiness but mine was just sore. I wish you well in your adventures and prayers for success :)

thanks Quest!

You are definitely lucky... the itching sometimes burning and tight dry feeling used to drive me nuts LOL

But God is GOOD!! Thanks for the well wishes & same to you!

• Flame825
    Flame825 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    SAvent said:

thanks Quest!

You are definitely lucky... the itching sometimes burning and tight dry feeling used to drive me nuts LOL

But God is GOOD!! Thanks for the well wishes & same to you!

Lotion

what is the lotion?

• SAvent
    Options
    Flame825 said:

Lotion

what is the lotion?

LOTION?

Its kind of a creamy oily substance that has things like aloe, shea, coconut oil etc in it.

I have sent it to a male cancer patient whose head is in bad shape.. hoping it helps him.

waiting for feedback.

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options
    SAvent said:

LOTION?

Its kind of a creamy oily substance that has things like aloe, shea, coconut oil etc in it.

I have sent it to a male cancer patient whose head is in bad shape.. hoping it helps him.

waiting for feedback.

Most Drug stores

and even walmart carries Corn Huskers Lotion.  It was designed for dry itch hands but for baldies it works great also.  Around three dollars at  walmart and you can use it on every part of your body.  Corn husks has a natural numbing agent that will take away the tingling sensation on the head and itchies that you get. 

• SAvent
    Options
    morgamed said:

Most Drug stores

and even walmart carries Corn Huskers Lotion.  It was designed for dry itch hands but for baldies it works great also.  Around three dollars at  walmart and you can use it on every part of your body.  Corn husks has a natural numbing agent that will take away the tingling sensation on the head and itchies that you get. 

Corn Huskers Lotion...

is an awesome temporary reliefe but it is just that-- lotion.. it doesnt do anything to promote the actual health of the scalp and dries up fast.

The cancer guy I sent my cream to sends great positive feedback. says it soothes and has already started to heal some of the chapping & peeling etc he is suffering.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    SAvent said:

Corn Huskers Lotion...

is an awesome temporary reliefe but it is just that-- lotion.. it doesnt do anything to promote the actual health of the scalp and dries up fast.

The cancer guy I sent my cream to sends great positive feedback. says it soothes and has already started to heal some of the chapping & peeling etc he is suffering.

lotion....

You know I can't for the life of me remember any chapping or peeling when I was Bald....all I remember is how cold my head felt without a scarf or a wig.....