Another cancer anniversary

Options
ron50
ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

On the 22nd of Jan each year I post an update. This one is the end of year sixteen and the start of year seventeen. For those that are new here I joined the board in Nov 2001. At that time I was an early survivor of a stage 3 c colon cancer into six nodes. I had surgery and 48 sessions of chemo therapy. Part of my chemo regime was banned for human use in The USA for often fatal side effects. I am still cancer free tho I do suffer a range of long term side effects including arthritis and unknown forms of auto-immune disease. I was 48 at dx and turn 65 in april. I live alone and still work at least four days a week. My best wishes to all of you suffering this disease and special hugs to many of my old friends who continue to survive despite cancer. Many of my acquaintances ask me why I still come on these boards. Because I still suffer from cancer if not with it. Hugs to all on.

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Glad you're still here

Congrats on remaining alive.  I know you have a lot of left over hardships from the earlier chemo's you had way back when, but so glad to have you here as a friend and advisor on things.  I'm so glad to know and hear from you.

HappyAnniversary 

Winter Marie

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I will never get tired of congratulating you each and every Jan 22nd.  What a wonder it has been to be able to share this joy with you for the past few years. 

May you find peace and health, as much as your body will allow, this coming year. 

Sue - Trubrit

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

You give hope to a lot of people on here. Thank you for continuing to share your insight with us.

Lin

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Ron

So very glad to be able to wish you another Happy Anniversary!

May there be many more for you.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    year 5

Starting year 5 of being NED, I am no match for you.  But then I'll be 83 this June so I have many years on you!

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks

for the inspiration! Always great to hear from a long time survivor. That's quite a big fish you got there! Well you're certainly luckier than he was! : )

Easyflip/Richard

• impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your longivity

Congrats on your longivity and wisdom! As you know, 8.5 years here from original stage 4 dx. All my best and appreciate your comments here

Chip

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

I'm sure congratulations are with bitter/sweet as you have been through so much and dealt with an enormous amount of health issues since being cancer free.  You have given all you could to become rid of this disease and it has robbed you of much, but you are still here and I'm glad that you are continuing to post. Ron, you are always such an inspiration on this board and have given us so much insight to your struggle in this journey.  I'm wishing you a healthly new year 2015 and celebrating 17 upcoming years of being free of this disease.

Hugs!  Kim

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on another

Congratulations on another year Ron.

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you,Ron. I am

Congrats to you,Ron. I am happy to see long term survivor being here so dedicated and supportive. Thank you very much, Ron.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're still with us, Ron!

I never noticed before how long you've been on this forum.  That has to be some kind of a record!  Where do we send your tiara and sash? :)

You are one tough dude, and I love your sense of humor in the face of all the crap that life throws at us.  Keep it up!

Big hugs~AA

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Wow 16 years!

Ron - That's awesome.  Congratulations!  Wish you didn't have those dang side effects.  Take care and keep posting!  Traci