Diagnosing Uterine Cancer

I go next week for a biopsy and an ultrasound. I am only 36. I am concerned as of course anyone would be. I am wondering about the early syptoms others had that lead to their diagnosis. If anyone would share I would greatly appreciate it.  

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    lp1978, please slow down. 

lp1978, please slow down.  You are getting way ahead of yourself.  If there are concerns it sounds like they are doing tests - which is GREAT - to see what is going on.  Why are they conducting these tests??  I am sure if you give a little more information the ladies will be better able to answer you.

• lp1978
    lp1978 Member Posts: 2

lp1978, please slow down. 

lp1978, please slow down.  You are getting way ahead of yourself.  If there are concerns it sounds like they are doing tests - which is GREAT - to see what is going on.  Why are they conducting these tests??  I am sure if you give a little more information the ladies will be better able to answer you.

Not sure by what you mean slow down

They are checking for uterine cancer. My doctor says I have symptoms that indicate that it could be what is causing my problems and it has effected almost every woman on my mothers side of the family. I simply want to know what other people experienced as symptoms. I am not assuming anything. Looking only for informtation From other women. 

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    lp1978 said:

They are checking for uterine cancer. My doctor says I have symptoms that indicate that it could be what is causing my problems and it has effected almost every woman on my mothers side of the family. I simply want to know what other people experienced as symptoms. I am not assuming anything. Looking only for informtation From other women. 

Uterine cancer symptoms

Hello, lp1978,

I am post-menopausal, and my only uterine cancer symptom was a small amount of blood on my panties.  My symptom lasted one day only. I had no other symptoms at all.   I think that symptoms may include abdominal or back pain and possible bloating and cramping. I think I read that if a woman is pre-menopausal, than bleeding between periods could be a sign of uterine cancer.  I am hoping that with further testing- such as an ultrasound and a uterine biopsy- they will find that you don't have cancer. Will your doctor do a CA-125 blood assay test?   My grandmother died from uterine cancer and her daughter, my aunt, died of either uterine or ovarian cancer, so I can certainly understand your fear giving your family history.   It's good that you are diligent with your medical care.  Please keep us posted lp1978.

Wishing you only the best,

Cathy

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    lp1978 said:

lp1978, my apologies.  What I

lp1978, my apologies.  What I meant by slow down is you are doing everything right:  getting test, checked out, etc...no harm was intended.  I will withhold all comments as offending is not my intent.

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Symptoms

The thing that led to my diagnosis was bleeding.  However, there were many other things that I later realized were symptoms I had missed.  I was 61 when I was found to have stage IVb Uterine Papillary Serous Carcinoma.  When I hit menopause 10 years earlier, I never had hot flashes.  About a year or two before I was diagnosed, I started getting wicked hot flashes.  I complained to my doctors and they assumed they were a result of menopause. After eating lunch, I was often really tired and had to take a nap for an hour or two.  After being on my feet for a long time shopping, I noticed my belly felt heavier when I got home and climbed up the stairs (of course, I was carrying a lot more weight with the cancer).  I was bloated, which I blamed on being overweight.  About 3 weeks before I started bleeding, I heard something on TV about how bruising could be a sign of cancer.  I thought that if that was true, I should have been diagnosed with cancer long ago.  I almost always had bruises on my legs.  I couldn't remember what I had done to myself to cause them. Also, I noticed a strange fishy smell when I went to the bathroom, which I later found out was from a discharge I wasn't seeing.  It must have been clear in color.  I did have some abdominal pains at times.  I thought I had celiac disease because my mother had it, but I was tested twice and both tests were negative.  I got one little ping of pain every day, once a day, in my left side.  It was probably because my cancer had spread into my ovaries.  

Ten years before my diagnosis, I had a benign polyp removed from my uterus.  There was some thickening of the endometrium at that point, just three months after I had hit menopause.  When I was diagnosed with cancer, I had an ultrasound that showed a polyp, which my OB/GYN said would likely be benign, but it wasn't.  I had a D&C which showed cancer. 

I wish you luck with your diagnosis.

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome LP1978

I was 51 when I was diagnosed.  I had spotting and/or bleeding from Feb. to May, 2013.  My doctor sent me to an ob/gyn.  The results of the pap test showed two different types of atypical cells.   I then had a colposcopy and it showed endmetrial cancer and serous.  They sent me to an gyn oncologist who told me it was UPSC.  Stage IIIa because it had spread.  I haven't been on here in a while, so hoping you have found some answers.

• bluesmama
    bluesmama Member Posts: 125 Member
    I was 40 when diagnosed but

I was 40 when diagnosed but when I look back on it, there were signs of at least hyperplasia. My pathology report indicated hyerplasian with atypia and a large slow growing tumor. I had irregular and very long cycles. The last couple of cycles before my hysterectomy were some of the worst with massive blot clots, clear watery discharge and I had been spotting for 6 months in between cycles. There was always pressure and a dull pain in my bladder area. Sex always caused blood. Even pelvic examinations caused clots and more blood.