FIRST ONCO APPT AFTER CHEMO

Options

Hello ladies..  Thursday ( 1/22) is my first appointment after my chemo tx (6 mos. ago) and I am really freaking out.  Can you please let me know what can I expect on the first visit?  Will there be a pet scan right away, blood work?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Good luck

Hi Good luck.

PET is not a standard of care, unless you have a specific concern or complain PET should NOT be ordered. Blood work does.

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Check-up

Mary, I think you would know if a scan had been ordered. You are likely to get a physical exam and bloodwork. It would probably be a good idea to have a family member with you to remember everything. I also make a list beforehand of all the questions I have. It saves so much time and also I get mad at myself later for not asking something. It's just so easy to forget when you are nervous. I think everybody gets scared before these appointments, but soon it will all be over and likely, you'll be reassured about your progress. You will be in my prayers, Anna

• marycurbelo1204
    marycurbelo1204 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    button2 said:

Check-up

Mary, I think you would know if a scan had been ordered. You are likely to get a physical exam and bloodwork. It would probably be a good idea to have a family member with you to remember everything. I also make a list beforehand of all the questions I have. It saves so much time and also I get mad at myself later for not asking something. It's just so easy to forget when you are nervous. I think everybody gets scared before these appointments, but soon it will all be over and likely, you'll be reassured about your progress. You will be in my prayers, Anna

THANKS

Thank you Anna sweetheart.  I've been nervous and so down.  I've also had a very bad neuropathy flare up on hands and feet.  Anyway, I will keep in touch and tell you all about my appointment.

Mary

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

THANKS

Thank you Anna sweetheart.  I've been nervous and so down.  I've also had a very bad neuropathy flare up on hands and feet.  Anyway, I will keep in touch and tell you all about my appointment.

Mary

... Mary ...

Please write down all your side efforts, questions and issues after chemo completion.   Ask Oncologist how long should these side efforts last ---

Neuropathy is horrible - and lasts for years ...

Vicki Sam

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    no advice...(ONLY radiation)

no advice...(ONLY radiation) but I am sure others will give you great advice..

ONLY thing I can say from other spptts..IS i bring friend or family  for second set of ears...

Denise

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

THANKS

Mary

Mary...we will pick you up..

Mary we will pick you up in a Pink Taxi Cab Thurs..........and will stay with you thru the entire Onc Visit for moral support...how's that?         This visit should just be blood work I would imagine....I'm a little confused about whether you finished the chemo 6 mo ago or you started the chemo 6 mo ago......  I'm Triple Negative too so know that they do really follow up closely at first but I didn't have a PET for many years...just the blood work and lots of Bone and CT Scans later too........but I'm Stage 3 because of node involvement...........Like I say....Pink Taxi on the Way...   :)  Hugs,  Glo

• marycurbelo1204
    Options

no advice...(ONLY radiation)

no advice...(ONLY radiation) but I am sure others will give you great advice..

ONLY thing I can say from other spptts..IS i bring friend or family  for second set of ears...

Denise

HAS ANYONE

HAD RECURRENCE 6 MONTHS AFTER CHEMO?

Mary

• marycurbelo1204
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Mary...we will pick you up..

Mary we will pick you up in a Pink Taxi Cab Thurs..........and will stay with you thru the entire Onc Visit for moral support...how's that?         This visit should just be blood work I would imagine....I'm a little confused about whether you finished the chemo 6 mo ago or you started the chemo 6 mo ago......  I'm Triple Negative too so know that they do really follow up closely at first but I didn't have a PET for many years...just the blood work and lots of Bone and CT Scans later too........but I'm Stage 3 because of node involvement...........Like I say....Pink Taxi on the Way...   :)  Hugs,  Glo

Hi Glo

I finished Chemo July 23 of last year.  This is my first checkup since then.  I am also TN Stage 2 lymphs clear.  I've been having lots of dizzy spells, but other than that, I feel fantastic.  Lots of energy, no bleeding anywhere and nothing hurts.  My mom has Vertigo and I believe so do I.  But anything I feel I think it a recurrence.  It get really tiring after awhile.  GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND I HOPE YOU'LL NEVER HAVE A RECURRENCE... EVER..

Mary