IL 2 response question

strongmind
strongmind Member Posts: 34

HI, I have posted couple of times about my husband's diagnosis and his IL2 treatment.(july '12 and october '12) His response was complete( what doctors and we think),His lungs nodules completely went away. He was on 6th month scans since last january(2014). He has his recent scan last wednesday and they found 2mm nodule on one lung. Doctors are not sure what it is, could be just a scar from cold/infection. Biopsy is not possible since its too small. Plan is to do just lungs scan instead of torso to see it more clearly. and wait for another 6 months if it grows or stay stable or go away.

Any idea if complete response after IL2 is only for 2 years? I heard and read its normally stays for 10-15 years...This wait time is very scary.

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Variability

I dont think you can make precise predictions about IL2. It can cure. My first session reduced my larger tumours by half and eliminated the smaller ones. My second achieved very little and subsequently my tumours have doubled in size. If you read other posters on here about IL2 you will see a wide variety of outcomes.

Lets hope your husbands 2mm problem goes away.

• strongmind

Variability

I dont think you can make precise predictions about IL2. It can cure. My first session reduced my larger tumours by half and eliminated the smaller ones. My second achieved very little and subsequently my tumours have doubled in size. If you read other posters on here about IL2 you will see a wide variety of outcomes.

Lets hope your husbands 2mm problem goes away.

Thanks for response

I hope it's nothing,, goes away by itself

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    2 mm Nodule

It's really small. I've had small nodules like this mentioned on CT reports and then not mentioned for 2 years. When I asked about them, they said they often see these small nodules and it's not relevant as long as it is stable and not growing.

Hope that's the case for your husband and continues to be the case.

Todd

• strongmind
    todd121 said:

2 mm Nodule

It's really small. I've had small nodules like this mentioned on CT reports and then not mentioned for 2 years. When I asked about them, they said they often see these small nodules and it's not relevant as long as it is stable and not growing.

Hope that's the case for your husband and continues to be the case.

Todd

Thanks Todd

It is very small..but in last scan done in July 14 , that nodule wasn't there. If it was there since diagnosis, I wouldn't have paid any attention and might be doctor also might have not mentioned. Since its new, I am little worried. He did not had any bronchitis or pneumonia in last 6 months..Cold..yes, few times..hoping its just because of that..