Unreal!

Options
Flame825
Flame825 Member Posts: 24

Well, went to have new port put in.  And

arrived on time,  got registered,  taken to pre op.  Here comes the IV.    NOT!  After four attempts they decided to let intervention radiology put it in.  So down we go.  Pleasant nurse waiting for me.  One smart lady, let's warm up the arm get the veins to "surface". After four or five attempts, we will wait for the PA to get it with the help of ultra sound and numbing.  Sweet,  a little burn and let's go!  I of course gave asked for the freezing spray.  

Found a good vein, proceedure begins and POP, not happening.  Four more attempts and pop pop pop.  Mind you, some of this was blood clots.  Unreal. Then,  Finally, a keeper.  So into surgery we go,  freeze spray, numbing and let the process to replace port begin. Other than a couple extra numbings pretty uneventful.  Proceedure done,  many apologies,  come on, no blame, sometimes it just happens.  Especially to me!  

get home start the blood thinners and they are slow to get going.  Will call Dr. To look at it today.  Right hand  three times the size of my left.  

More later as progress continues.

please note. This is definitely not the norm.  It is a fact it is a Janice, which means,  if there us a remote chance something weird will happen,  I am the one.  We forwarn the drs. And any others just so they understand.  :-). 

Have a great Day.  

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow...crazy day..Happy for

wow...crazy day..Happy for you it's over...IT really stinks having bad viens. I Hope things are going more smoothly for you..

Denise

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

wow...crazy day..Happy for

wow...crazy day..Happy for you it's over...IT really stinks having bad viens. I Hope things are going more smoothly for you..

Denise

I am sorry - this sounds HORRIBLE ...

any suggestions for a port?   I do NOT have any good veins, so I had a port placed -- helped with my TCH chemo infusion therapy.

Please know that we are thinking of you, and sending you positive thoughts.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am sorry - this sounds HORRIBLE ...

any suggestions for a port?   I do NOT have any good veins, so I had a port placed -- helped with my TCH chemo infusion therapy.

Please know that we are thinking of you, and sending you positive thoughts.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Wow!   So sorry for all of

Wow!   So sorry for all of your setbacks!  

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hang in there!

Likely this is the worst you'll have to go thru. Hope you feel better soon!

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Sounds Like

Sounds like you had a day in Hell to me.     I remember the day I went for my Port Placement they could not find a vein either...and finally did the little thing in the top of your Hand.... but after that part I'm in the dark about what they do today...because my port placement was done in 2002 by a Surgeon and they put me to sleep and it was implanted in my right chest just under the collar bone...and I did not wake up for hours.     I guess I don't know what they are doing today...but if all you had to do was get a numbing spray and then have the port replaced I'm not understanding it at all....but guess I shoud say Good for You ??  I went to your Home page to read about what's up with you but no information there yet.... so don't even know what your treatment is yet... hope it goes ok though....   sending prayers for a better time next time....  Call the Onc about that swollen hand though.

• Flame825
    Flame825 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Sounds Like

Sounds like you had a day in Hell to me.     I remember the day I went for my Port Placement they could not find a vein either...and finally did the little thing in the top of your Hand.... but after that part I'm in the dark about what they do today...because my port placement was done in 2002 by a Surgeon and they put me to sleep and it was implanted in my right chest just under the collar bone...and I did not wake up for hours.     I guess I don't know what they are doing today...but if all you had to do was get a numbing spray and then have the port replaced I'm not understanding it at all....but guess I shoud say Good for You ??  I went to your Home page to read about what's up with you but no information there yet.... so don't even know what your treatment is yet... hope it goes ok though....   sending prayers for a better time next time....  Call the Onc about that swollen hand though.

In hospital

Hi my friends.  Well, I am in the hospital.  Had blood in my bowel movement.  With a clot that was very noticeable.  So this morning I am having a colonoscopy,

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Flame825 said:

In hospital

Hi my friends.  Well, I am in the hospital.  Had blood in my bowel movement.  With a clot that was very noticeable.  So this morning I am having a colonoscopy,

Oh, my

My goodness, Janice, you're having a hard time. One mishap leads to another. I'm so very sorry. I hope one by one stuff gets taken care of and you can then focus on getting stronger and moving back into "regular" life. 

Sending good thoughts and energy,

Victoria

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Oh, my

My goodness, Janice, you're having a hard time. One mishap leads to another. I'm so very sorry. I hope one by one stuff gets taken care of and you can then focus on getting stronger and moving back into "regular" life. 

Sending good thoughts and energy,

Victoria

Enough already!

You've been through so much.   I hope they can get to the bottom of all of this and you will be able to move forward.

Hugs,

Suzanne

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Hi Janice

So sorry to read you are having such hard time.I like you if anything weird happens to someone its me.I had allergic reaction to chemo when I was going through my treatments.Your in my thoughts and Prayers.Every time I look at the beatiful flowers I think of you.God bless you.I Pray things get better for you.

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Hi Janice

So sorry to read you are having such hard time.I like you if anything weird happens to someone its me.I had allergic reaction to chemo when I was going through my treatments.Your in my thoughts and Prayers.Every time I look at the beatiful flowers I think of you.God bless you.I Pray things get better for you.

Murphy's Law

I'm pretty healthy right now.  Send Murphy my way I'll fight him for ya!   I really am so sorry you are having such a problem.  Sending good carma and happy dust your way__-----^ *******