Herceptin Only - is working

Options
Kaleena
Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Hello All:

Just wanted to post this regarding my 81 yr old mother recently diagnosed with Stave IV Invasive Breast Cancer Her2 positive.   She had her primary tumor in her right breast with one lymph node involved and two spots (one in each lung).   They did not want to do surgery.  They suggested chemo, but my mom decided only to do the Herceptin.    She has been on Herceptin now for three months (receiving treatments every 3 weeks).   Just did her CT scan and Mugga test to see how it is working and ALL of the tumors have decreased in size.   The Mugga test was good.   The doctor said since this seems to be working at this point (until such time as it becomes ineffective or it affects her heart), we will stay on this regiment only.   Needless to say, my mum was feeling pretty good with the news.  Just wanted to share this will you.

Best wishes to all.

Kathy

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    So happy for you. Herceptin

So happy for you. Herceptin is indeed a great drug (I was on it for 1.5 years and I got only slight valve damage which is now completely healed). I hope your mom can stay on it a long time. Congrats on the great news. You've been a wonderful daughter for her. Hugs, Anna

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    button2 said:

So happy for you. Herceptin

So happy for you. Herceptin is indeed a great drug (I was on it for 1.5 years and I got only slight valve damage which is now completely healed). I hope your mom can stay on it a long time. Congrats on the great news. You've been a wonderful daughter for her. Hugs, Anna

Great News!

so happy for mom.   Herception is a wonder drug for many.   Continued positive thoughts, and prayers for all.

Vicki Sam

• Kaleena
    Options
    Thanks Anna and Vicki Sam for

Thanks Anna and Vicki Sam for your nice comments.

image  Hugs!

I hope all is going well with both of you too!

Kathy

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Thanks Anna and Vicki Sam for

Thanks Anna and Vicki Sam for your nice comments.

image  Hugs!

I hope all is going well with both of you too!

Kathy

Yay!

That's good news. Thanks for posting.

xoxo

Victoria

• Kaleena
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Yay!

That's good news. Thanks for posting.

xoxo

Victoria

Thanks

Thanks Victoria!

Hugs!

Kathy

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Thanks

Thanks Victoria!

Hugs!

Kathy

Great news, Kathy

It sounds like skipping chemo was a good choice for your mom.  So glad she's tolerating the Herceptin and is responding to it. 

Sujzanne

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Great news, Kathy

It sounds like skipping chemo was a good choice for your mom.  So glad she's tolerating the Herceptin and is responding to it. 

Sujzanne

Good news

glad that he agreed take this treatment it has been working for her.

• Kaleena
    Options
    Thanks Suzanne and New

Thanks Suzanne and New Flower!

It is such a relief for my mom.  Also after having two auto accidents back to back, it was a much needed break.   So the day after, she got a new car.  Thanks for the wishes!   I hope both of you are doing great.

Hugs.

Kathy