Xeloda, anyone?

mtmom
mtmom Member Posts: 59

Hi there!

I'm starting Xeloda next week and was wondering if anyone can share their experience with it. We are adding it to Taxotere and Faslodex. The taxotere is working great on my liver mets but the lymph nodes are growing again and the cancer has metastasized to my skin. So looking for the Xeloda to attack those two areas. If it's not one thing... :/

Thanks in advance for the info.

~Mtmom

Comments

• Pinkninja
    Pinkninja Member Posts: 2
    I just started my third round

I just started my third round of Xeloda. I have stage 4 bc w mets to lymph nodes and brain. My ln were not responding to Taxol and grew. So far this seems to be working very well.

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Xeloda....

I just began my first day with Xeloda.....I was scared to death to take it because the side effects involve lots of gastrointestinal problems......and I have had tons of those since being diagnosed with bone mets in Oct. 2014. Seems my Oncologist didn't like how my tumor markers were going up and we stopped the Faslodex and are now trying the Xeloda......I'm happy to say that so far I have been okay with the side effects......

My doctor decided to reduce the treatment for me for now seeing as I had all the GI problems...So far I'm on 1,000 mgs in the morning...two pills....and the same at night......After 7 days I'll stop for a week and then continue on.....He wants to see me in two weeks  to see how I'm tolerating it.....I have a feeling that I'll get jumped up to 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.......While I'm happy right now about no serious side effects, I'm hoping and praying that the medicine brings the markers down and that my bone mets will not progress......I didn't know that Xeloda could be added to Taxotere + Faslodex....I'll have to discuss this with my Oncologist......I'm learning a lot on this site.....for sure....I wish you good luck as you begin the Xeloda......You'll do well on it........Peace......Kats2

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Xeloda.......

Hello again....Just to say that I took Xeloda for 7 days and am now off for 7 days......(I didn't get it right the first time).....I must say that this drug is having a positive effect on me....better than the hormonal drugs that I started with......The only side effect I'm having right now is a dry mouth.....but I can deal with that...! The doctor wants to see me on July 1 to check my tumor markers and to see how I'm doing basically.......I sure hope there's improvement....but I'm happy at this point that I have my appetite back and that my gastrointestinal problems seem to be straightening out.....Oh...I must add that my ankles have started to swell......something I never had before......I can deal with that too.....! The Oncologist put me on a 25 mg water pill.......Time will tell .....I wish you luck on your Xeloda.......They say that other drugs can be added to this if need be in the future......So far I like this drug the best in treating my bone mets.......

Do take care......   Kats2