Week 3 + PEG today

Options

checking in today... Husband had his Peg placed today. He's had 10 Rad since 1/30, and 1 Cisplatin. 

first few days were rough, mostly nausea and fatigue from the chemo. But last week he was feeling much better. Feeling good this week, and this afternoon got the PEG. It was routine, except in recovery where we waited for the bag of antibiotics to drip. I watched the bag and thought, is it dripping?? Checked the tube, etc, and sat back down. But then the nurse came in and lifted his sheet- said, "Sir, could you straighten your arm?" Bingo! He had crimped the tube! No problems after that-- now home and resting. 

we've had some great meals and enjoyed one tonight from good friends who are looking out for us. Hope everyone here on csn is doing well tonight too. being able to stop by and read about the things we are going through is so helpful!

-Elizabeth (husband w/Tonsil C)

Comments

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth

Glad to hear things are better this week. Hope your husband doesn't need the PEG but it is certainly good to have just in case he does need it. Can always use it as a supplement if he can't take in enough calories. Nutrition and hydration are key to the easiest journey.

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Week 3

Glad things went well for your husband today. It's wonderful that you have friends helping with meals. I hope the rest of the treatments go quickly for you both.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    mighty PEG

Elizabeth,

Glad to hear he is doing well. For many, the third week is when the side effects come out to play.  Just take them one at a time and let your team know if there are issues and of course ask us and lastly, keep drinking water and swallowing,

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Elizabeth thanks for letting us know.

Elizabeth thanks for letting us know your husband is doing so well at this time. There will be good and some bad days so just take one day at a time. You both will get through this. It is hard on the caregiver [YOU] as well so remember to try to get rest yourself. 

Bill

Oh, drink more water, right Matt.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

Sounds like you all are doing well for week 3 so keep up the good work, also don’t be afraid to use the PEG if you need; It is my life savior.

Tim   

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth, i'm glad the rough

Elizabeth, i'm glad the rough days are behind him and I pray they stay there.  i'm glad you and hubby are eating well while he can and especially enjoying it with friends.  its good to hear he is feeling better.  praying for smooth tx for your hubby.

God bless you.

dj

• Loves2read
    Loves2read Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks

I appreciate everyone's replies, and the prayers. I read your messages to my husband and he is also grateful. We will check in again next week... 2nd chemo coming up on Wednesday.

God bless all of you!