Lung Biopsy

Options
traceyd1
traceyd1 Member Posts: 79 Member

My husband and I saw the thoracic surgeon this morning to discuss the 2 spots on his lung.  He feels that the most probable case scenario is that his jaw sarcoma has made its way to the lungs.  Good news is that its very, very small and we've caught it early.  The plan is a lung biopsy on Wednesday, which will require a 3-4 day hospital stay and then a week recovery at home.  Prayers would be appreciated as we are climbing back on this train.

Tracey

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Glad they caught it early.

I will be glad to add you both my prayer list. I'm so glad they caught it early and they can do the biopsy. I had to have a biopsy a long time ago, [1980] and my Dr said it was 50/50 if he coulg even get to it and hit where it was. He hit it dead center and I was fine. Now it is very to get just about anywhere they want. Lets hope it turns out to be nothing to be concerned with.

Bill

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    wmc said:

Glad they caught it early.

I will be glad to add you both my prayer list. I'm so glad they caught it early and they can do the biopsy. I had to have a biopsy a long time ago, [1980] and my Dr said it was 50/50 if he coulg even get to it and hit where it was. He hit it dead center and I was fine. Now it is very to get just about anywhere they want. Lets hope it turns out to be nothing to be concerned with.

Bill

Tracey

I will certainly include your husband in my prayers. 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey

Wow that did not sound good for a while but glad you have doctors who jumped right on it and got it early. I hate biopsy but they are a part of a survivor’s life. Remember the Psalm: Be still, and know that I am God. It is hard at times to just surrender it all into His hands but I like a lot of others will keep you both in my prayers.

Tim

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    tracy, i am praying hard for

tracy, i am praying hard for you and your hubby.

God bless you,

dj

• LumpinmyThroat
    LumpinmyThroat Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Hoping for a Negative

We were told by doctors that several spots on my husbands lungs were probably the SCC from his trachea.  Low and behold, they were not and they resolved on their own.  I hope the same for your husband.  Fingers crossed!

• LumpinmyThroat
    LumpinmyThroat Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Nevermind

Found your other post.  Awesome news!