TraciinLA ... We are thinking about you and

Options
2»

Comments

• camul said:

Traci
    good for you. Making the decision must have been a feat in itself but what a relief if it takes any of the worry away. I am so glad you are happy with your decision for no recon. I wish I would not have had it. I was so small b4 and said no to recon, then the ps asked if I was sure, as did friends and family and then I questioned myself and then said okay to it. They have never felt like a part of me, and now are pretty firm.
    Sorry about your friends. I have found that the longer I have had this cancer, more of my friends have drifted off. I have made many new friends thru the cancer world who are amazing strong men and women and we will all get together have bbq's have hit Nevada, gone to natural mineral pools and dont even talk much about the big "C".
    May take some a little longer to come around. After meeting you and your partner, I walked away thinking how comfortable, warm and funny you both were, so if they don't come around they are missing out!
    I wish you the best, keep us posted, and the gals b4 me were right, the surgery was much easier than I had planned on.
    Hugs,
    Carol

You've come a long way, kiddo

I am so impressed that you've counted the number of mammograms and not the calories of those beverages.

I will say that mammograms have come along nicely since my first breast surgery <mumbling inaudibly> decades ago.  It was not exactly a Fisher-Price like  "My First Mammogram" experience, but they enabled physicians to do that magic that they do so well.  No support group, no rallies.  

I also salute your choice to NOT burn brassieres and risk a possible hazmat incident.

I envy your freedom, sister.

Recover quickly.

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options

You've come a long way, kiddo

I am so impressed that you've counted the number of mammograms and not the calories of those beverages.

I will say that mammograms have come along nicely since my first breast surgery <mumbling inaudibly> decades ago.  It was not exactly a Fisher-Price like  "My First Mammogram" experience, but they enabled physicians to do that magic that they do so well.  No support group, no rallies.  

I also salute your choice to NOT burn brassieres and risk a possible hazmat incident.

I envy your freedom, sister.

Recover quickly.

Oh Traci
    You may not remember

Oh Traci

You may not remember me but we went through round 1 together back in 2009. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I read an article about a woman that had a double mast. without reconstruction. She was a surfer and as soon as she recovered she had a beautiful tatoo over her chest. She said how "free" she felt when she was surfing...no pain when the waves hit her chest which happened when she had breasts. I wish you well through this next part of the cancer journey.

Sher

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you for the positive thoughts!

This was so nice to see -- thank you for the positive thoughts!

I met with my surgeon on Friday, and my surgery is scheduled for Thursday, January 29th.  Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy, and I've chosen not to have any reconstruction.  On January 28th, I'm going to take all my bras out of my drawer, throw them in the trash, and never wear another one again unless I CHOOSE to!

Because I had radiation to both breasts back in 2009, my risk of complications is higher, and I may not heal as quickly.  But I have great doctors and a partner who will take good care of me.

I'm especially grateful for the good wishes today.  I sent an email out to a group of maybe 10 or 12 friends this past weekend letting them know about my surgery, and have heard back from only 2 people.  I think a lot of them read the email and thought, "Oh no -- cancer AGAIN?!  I have to talk about cancer AGAIN?!  I thought we were done with all this cancer stuff!"

Those of you here are the only ones who really understand that we're never really, truly "done with all this cancer stuff."  I'm so grateful to have your support.

Traci

Thinking of You Traci

Sending thoughts and prayers and need a reservation for the pink bus for the 29th....... 

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Don't throw those bras away!

maybe they can be used as earmuffs! Perhaps the cups could be used for bird nests. Why, there must be dozens of uses!!!

love you!

Sue

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I met with my surgeon on Friday, and my surgery is scheduled for Thursday, January 29th.  Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy, and I've chosen not to have any reconstruction.  On January 28th, I'm going to take all my bras out of my drawer, throw them in the trash, and never wear another one again unless I CHOOSE to!

Because I had radiation to both breasts back in 2009, my risk of complications is higher, and I may not heal as quickly.  But I have great doctors and a partner who will take good care of me.

I'm especially grateful for the good wishes today.  I sent an email out to a group of maybe 10 or 12 friends this past weekend letting them know about my surgery, and have heard back from only 2 people.  I think a lot of them read the email and thought, "Oh no -- cancer AGAIN?!  I have to talk about cancer AGAIN?!  I thought we were done with all this cancer stuff!"

Those of you here are the only ones who really understand that we're never really, truly "done with all this cancer stuff."  I'm so grateful to have your support.

Traci

Omigosh... :-(

Obviously, have been out of the loop for too long... Am so sorry you have to do this, Traci. I applaud your decisions, wholeheartedly. And will hope all goes well on the 29th.

Kind regards, Susan

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Don't throw those bras away!

maybe they can be used as earmuffs! Perhaps the cups could be used for bird nests. Why, there must be dozens of uses!!!

love you!

Sue

Thinking of you and praying

Thinking of you and praying that things go as smoothly as possible on the 29th.    There's nothing easy about it but from what I'm reading you're a fighter!  Hang in there!

• GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Lilly9 said:

Thinking of you and praying

Thinking of you and praying that things go as smoothly as possible on the 29th.    There's nothing easy about it but from what I'm reading you're a fighter!  Hang in there!

Traci, you've been on this

Traci, you've been on this site since I first joined and you have always been so supportive and I always read your posts with a smile.  I also applaud your decision and just know you will wing this.  As for the froufrou drink, a good reason is just because you are you.  Seriously, best wishes and special thoughts coming your way.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

sending

Sending prayers that all goes well for you on the 29th

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I'll need a new reason for froufrou coffee drinks!

Clementine,

Remember that my annual FrouFrou Coffee Drink the Size of My Head Ritual was my celebration of choice after every successful mammogram -- and I won't be having any more of those, EVER!  

I was diagnosed off my very first, you-just-turned-40-go-have-a-mammogram baseline mammogram 5 years ago, and have had 7 mammograms in the past 5 years -- I have to say, it feels SO weird to say that I'll never walk into the mammography center again!

Sooo...I'm now going to need some OTHER excuse for FrouFrou Coffee Drink the Size of My Head celebrating....maybe because it's Tuesday?  Or because I had a good hair day?  

Ideas?

Traci

<3</b>
    Traci,
    How great to hear you have a terrific team of doctors who will be watching over your recovery.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  There is a sense of freedom not to have to worry about cumbersome bras.  Wish I could toss them aside, too!  Somehow I don't think the kids I work with, I am an educational aide, would appreciate the look.  Gentle hugs <3
    Ines, AKA Bella Luna

• waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    GMcD said:

Traci, you've been on this

Traci, you've been on this site since I first joined and you have always been so supportive and I always read your posts with a smile.  I also applaud your decision and just know you will wing this.  As for the froufrou drink, a good reason is just because you are you.  Seriously, best wishes and special thoughts coming your way.

Thinking of you and wishing
    Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery for your upcoming surgery! I enjoy reading your post you are always making me laugh! Pink love and Peace to you!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Thinking of you today and

Thinking of you today and sending hugs, love and best wishes. Hurry home and heal quickly.