Options
2»

Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    sharon 1 said:

So many questions

I have throat cancer(HPV) and have had 3 bouts of radiation and 1 round of chemo(cysplatin). I have a very hard time breathing out of my left sinus so the dr has me on some steroids that help a bit. I am new to this site so please bear with me. I feel like crap and although its only my first week, I am so petrified of starting my 2nd week. I am so blessed to have found this site. I  havnt had much vomiting but my throat is very sore and the ent said next week will be very painful so any advice for that would be helpful. Still getting used to this feeding tube dangling, I havnt used it to feed with yet, but from what I have read I will be glad to have it in place. Well, I just wanted to get to know you all and thank you for your help before hand. 

welcome Sharon but i'm sorry

welcome Sharon but i'm sorry you need to be here. you've found the best place to be for support, information, encouragement, and answers.  we will be on the sidelines to cheer you on as you take this journey.  it will not be a piece of cake but you can do it just as we did.  we will be here for you.

God bless you,

dj

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    sharon 1 said:

So many questions

I have throat cancer(HPV) and have had 3 bouts of radiation and 1 round of chemo(cysplatin). I have a very hard time breathing out of my left sinus so the dr has me on some steroids that help a bit. I am new to this site so please bear with me. I feel like crap and although its only my first week, I am so petrified of starting my 2nd week. I am so blessed to have found this site. I  havnt had much vomiting but my throat is very sore and the ent said next week will be very painful so any advice for that would be helpful. Still getting used to this feeding tube dangling, I havnt used it to feed with yet, but from what I have read I will be glad to have it in place. Well, I just wanted to get to know you all and thank you for your help before hand. 

Hi Sharon

If you can please start a new post where you can go back to see what advice others here on CSN are giving you. You sound like you are having a hard time but hang in there, sometimes the treatment affects us all different but know for sure you will get through this very soon. Don’t be afraid to use your PEG tube it is a life savior to me and many others here.  Welcome to our family here on CSN H&N.  

God Bless

Tim Hondo