Results are in, trying to cope and carry on

New Flower
New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Dear pink sisters,

Thank you to all you has been supportive, took the bus and just follow my story through all these years.

I had a phone discussion with my oncologist last night. So far we could not find a reasonable treatment to stop progression of my disease. Another treatment has failed and we need to move to a new one. The B** in my liver, and more bones and is moving  ahead of our treatments. is It is hard to cope, however my oncologist is very optimistic. She is going to apply for an experimental drug, which we will try before going to a full blown IV Chemo. I am going to see her on Friday to lear more details, while figure out to move on with my life

That is not the news we all wanted for 2015

Love you all

Olga 

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I"ll follow you and check

I"ll follow you and check in...KEEP us posted..

HUGS

Denise

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Oh, Olga

Of course this wasn't the news you wanted for 2015. Neither did we. It's disheartening. But, I'm finding much hope in your oncologist's optimism for finding just the right treatment for you. I trust she will and that you will respond.

Sending much love,

Victoria

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    aisling8 said:

Oh, Olga

Of course this wasn't the news you wanted for 2015. Neither did we. It's disheartening. But, I'm finding much hope in your oncologist's optimism for finding just the right treatment for you. I trust she will and that you will respond.

Sending much love,

Victoria

Wish I had a magic wand

Sorry to hear that your results were not good, Olga.  Like Victoria, I hope you find the right treatment and get a good response.

Hugs,

Suzanne

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    We're here for you Olga

Hi Olga,

I find that your oncologist still has options encouraging!  My prayers are with you.  Please have faith.

My best,

Sharon

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    cati0314 said:

We're here for you Olga

Hi Olga,

I find that your oncologist still has options encouraging!  My prayers are with you.  Please have faith.

My best,

Sharon

Дорогая Олга

I, too, choose to focus on your oncologist's optimism, and the fact that she still has more cards to play.  

I can only imagine how frightening and frustrating this is for you, but know that you're not alone.

Traci

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    I'm sorry, Olga

I hope the new regimen works wonders and knocks the cancer back.  This must be really hard to deal with.  You are doing it with your usual poise and elegance, though.  We're all pulling for you.

Clementine

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Hi Olga

I am sorry that you did not receive the news you wanted to hear for the New Year.  From your posts, it is quite clear that you are a fighter.  It appears that your oncologist sees this quality in you as well and is optimistic that another drug will work.  I pray that your oncologist is absolutely right and the next drug stops the progression.

Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!!

Ginny

• rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    You

my heart embraces you during the challenges ahead. You are another one of our warriors. We are with you, always. Just as you've given all of us your kinds words and encouragement. I hope that you now find the same from us.

constance

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    rutzetta said:

You

my heart embraces you during the challenges ahead. You are another one of our warriors. We are with you, always. Just as you've given all of us your kinds words and encouragement. I hope that you now find the same from us.

constance

Thank you

Thank you. Every hug, and every prayer counts

I went to work today, trying  to be normal. please never loose hope, we will fight back together.

Hugs back 

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Dear Olga

Oh my dear friend.   I am so sorry.   The encouragement from your once is good.  I am here for you.

Xoxo

Jean

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Dear Olga

Oh my dear friend.   I am so sorry.   The encouragement from your once is good.  I am here for you.

Xoxo

Jean

Not the news You, and your beloved family wanted

to hear = so sorry, Olga. 

Disappointing for sure -  Knowing that your Oncologist has options - is hope.  

Remember YOU ARE a GENTLE Giant, and STRONG WARRIOR - who never gives in, or gives up! 

Prayers and gentle hugs coming your way.

Vicki Sam

• Flame825
    Flame825 Member Posts: 24
    Prayers my friend.

Prayers 

• MrsBob
    MrsBob Member Posts: 77
    Praying for you!

Praying for you!

• andi44
    andi44 Member Posts: 196 Member
    New Flower-

Olga,

You're correct - that isn't the news one wants to hear at the start of a new year.  You sound like a very strong woman - and you'll get thru this next hurdle...Sending hugs your way.

Andi

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    andi44 said:

New Flower-

Olga,

You're correct - that isn't the news one wants to hear at the start of a new year.  You sound like a very strong woman - and you'll get thru this next hurdle...Sending hugs your way.

Andi

NF sending lots of love.

NF sending lots of love.

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Onc's optimism sounds great!

hoping for the best for you, Olga. 

Tender hugs,

Sue

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Olga
    I am sure it is not what you or your family wanted to hear! Sounds like your onco has a plan and hasn't given up.
    So I will stay positive that her plan will clean up the liver mets and slow the progression of the bone mets!
    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Carol
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Prayers

So sorry to hear this.But have  faith. Love and Prayers going your way.

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    ppurdin said:

Prayers

So sorry to hear this.But have  faith. Love and Prayers going your way.

Sending prayers....

...your way!  We are all here for you - Never give up!

much love,

Jenny

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    So sorry

Dear Olga,

I am so sorry to hear your news.  You are a strong lady and I know you will get through this.  Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and much love.

Love, Linda