New here, learned on New Year's Eve that I have lung cancer

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc Member Posts: 136

Hello,

My name is Jean-Luc and my wife and I learned on New Year's Eve that I have lung cancer.

More of my story so far in the Expressions Gallery, there:
http://csn.cancer.org/node/291269

Thank you for your attention and support!
Jean-Luc :)

Comments

• rdn2blazer
    rdn2blazer Member Posts: 46
    Well thats sucky news to get....

On what should be a happy day. Sorry you had to receive such news period. I almost died on Cinco Da Mayo, May 5th 2012, from massive brain swelling caused by the cancer from my lung that spread to my brain causing a brain tumor without me even having any idea I was even sick. I passed out in the shower and nearly died taking a shower getting ready to go to work for a Saturdays worth of OT. Never made it in to work lol. Was a mad rush to emergency room not long after coming to. I wouldn't let my girlfriend call an Ambulance, didn't want a sceen in front of my house at 5am in the morning. A brain MRI revealed the tumor, but more importantly and much more serious was deadly brain swelling. I had more then one doctor and neurosurgeon tell me how lucky I was to still be alive, but more insane was I have seemingly no brain damage. Had one doctor look me right in the eyes and with a dead serious tone say, "Do you realize how lucky you are to be alive and sitting here talking to me?" He said ver batum, "Only about 98/99% of people who see this much brain swelling even survive. And of those who do we usually see moderate to severe brain damage".

What the hell do you say to that!!?? And I said as I chuckled like an idiot was "I KNOW!! CRAZY RIGHT??!! I even felt like Shawn Penn's character Spicolli in Fast times at Ridgmont High, the stoner kid lol. I'm a grown gosh damn man lol!!! It was just hilarious to me. He just folded closed my file and walked out or my room. Never saw that doctor again but I think he was one of my Neurosurgeons that was just checking in on me.

• Jean-Luc
    Jean-Luc Member Posts: 136

Well thats sucky news to get....

On what should be a happy day. Sorry you had to receive such news period. I almost died on Cinco Da Mayo, May 5th 2012, from massive brain swelling caused by the cancer from my lung that spread to my brain causing a brain tumor without me even having any idea I was even sick. I passed out in the shower and nearly died taking a shower getting ready to go to work for a Saturdays worth of OT. Never made it in to work lol. Was a mad rush to emergency room not long after coming to. I wouldn't let my girlfriend call an Ambulance, didn't want a sceen in front of my house at 5am in the morning. A brain MRI revealed the tumor, but more importantly and much more serious was deadly brain swelling. I had more then one doctor and neurosurgeon tell me how lucky I was to still be alive, but more insane was I have seemingly no brain damage. Had one doctor look me right in the eyes and with a dead serious tone say, "Do you realize how lucky you are to be alive and sitting here talking to me?" He said ver batum, "Only about 98/99% of people who see this much brain swelling even survive. And of those who do we usually see moderate to severe brain damage".

What the hell do you say to that!!?? And I said as I chuckled like an idiot was "I KNOW!! CRAZY RIGHT??!! I even felt like Shawn Penn's character Spicolli in Fast times at Ridgmont High, the stoner kid lol. I'm a grown gosh damn man lol!!! It was just hilarious to me. He just folded closed my file and walked out or my room. Never saw that doctor again but I think he was one of my Neurosurgeons that was just checking in on me.

Thanks!

thanks for the story and the chuckles! :)