Still Alive in 2015

Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
Hi everyone just want to say how happy I am to see the year 2015 and to thank God for His wonderful blessing. I have been really blessed to be a part of CSN from April 2009 up to this day and I have met a lot of friendly people who are also a part of this site. God bless you all in 2015 and on

Tim Hondo

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member

Didnt think I'd make 2014. But I did. Looking forward to easter!

• Hondo

Didnt think I'd make 2014. But I did. Looking forward to easter!

Footstomper

Glad to still have you here with us my friend, I too am looking for Easter because by then this cold weather should be over

• Redjl86
    Redjl86 Member Posts: 5
    Hondo said:

Footstomper

Glad to still have you here with us my friend, I too am looking for Easter because by then this cold weather should be over

Easter Season

It is a blessing that we all are here today. So many people are going through so much. Around this time of year, many people are reflecting on Jesus and all that he has done for mankind. Please remember the blessings that Jesus made possible for us. Remember John 3:16 says, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." One day God will carry out his initial purpose for mankind and all those who we have lost in death can be resurrected. And we will be able to live forever in perfect conditions. No sickness, illnesses- no death. That is truly a blessing that I look forward to.

• yamster34
    yamster34 Member Posts: 75
    May God's will be done,  this

May God's will be done,  this year and all the years to come! He always knows what is best! Hopefully we all continue to tell people about the great things He is doing!

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi Hondo

I'm glad to hear that you are still around, I hope you are doing well. While I haven't been on the boards much and haven't visited this thread/section in a VERY long time, I am starting to post in my "area" more frequently. I'm still in treatment (dx Feb 2004) which is kind of hard to believe and my quality of life is still very good. It's not like it was pre-cancer but I got out kayaking 3 times last week. I have no complaints.

Being agnostic (basically not liking religion at all and leaning more toward Science - if that makes sense...) I lack the faith that many religious people have but I do have faith in my Doctors and consider myself to be very fortunate. I've always been more concerned with how I act than with what group I belong to. When all is said and done, I feel that one's faith, like their cancer, is unique to each of us. There's no one treatment for cancer nor one way to the afterlife (if it even exists...the jury is still out for me on that one too).

Anyway, I'm glad you're still here, whatever you're doing is working for you. Keep it up!
    Laughing

• Hondo
    PhillieG said:

Hi Hondo

I'm glad to hear that you are still around, I hope you are doing well. While I haven't been on the boards much and haven't visited this thread/section in a VERY long time, I am starting to post in my "area" more frequently. I'm still in treatment (dx Feb 2004) which is kind of hard to believe and my quality of life is still very good. It's not like it was pre-cancer but I got out kayaking 3 times last week. I have no complaints.

Being agnostic (basically not liking religion at all and leaning more toward Science - if that makes sense...) I lack the faith that many religious people have but I do have faith in my Doctors and consider myself to be very fortunate. I've always been more concerned with how I act than with what group I belong to. When all is said and done, I feel that one's faith, like their cancer, is unique to each of us. There's no one treatment for cancer nor one way to the afterlife (if it even exists...the jury is still out for me on that one too).

Anyway, I'm glad you're still here, whatever you're doing is working for you. Keep it up!
    Laughing

Hi Phill

Wow I been wondering about you and hoping in my prayers that you were doing well. I been through a lot from the last time we talked. I now live on a PEG tube lost my ability to eat and swallow then ending up in the hospital with a very bad case of pneumonia they kept me there for almost two weeks. After that Narcotic started eating away at my upper palate, I now have a hole in my mouth about 2 inches round.  My jaw locked up and will only open less than a ½ inch making it very hard to even brush my teeth.  I also had to quit working and go on early retirement, I did not want to do that but sometimes we have to do things we don’t want to do.

But through it all I am still here and still doing well, I can’t speak anymore but that too is OK with me. As you know I have a very strong faith and pray life, I should have been dead but someone (God) still wants me here on this earth. I am still posting my sermons on my web site www.restoringgodstruth.com but don’t preach in church anymore because of the voice problem. Oh yes I did get ordained as a minister so I can now do weddings as long as they are in sign language, Ha ha ha

I know you are agnostic but there is a power my friend that is watching over me every day, and that power is giving me the strength I need one day at a time. All I can do is to preach the truth that I believe He is giving to me to preach.   

Great to see you again my friend, stay in contact

Tim Hondo

• Hondo
    Post is all messed up

I am not sure why my post is like it is, I tried to fix it but it will not let me. Well Oh is all I can say