Holidays

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. 

Update: Yesterday,  Dec 24, I ended up in ER, dehydrated. They gave me a full bag of fluids and a lot of liquid potassium in my PEG tube. Later in the day it did help stop the numbness I was feeling, the vomiting, diarrhea, can't say I miss the diarrhea, vomiting, but do miss the numbness. I didn't hurt, now, starting to ache again, so that means I am getting my body waking up and wanting to fight again. At least until I sneeze, then it feels like someone cutting my throat with a knife, oh it hurts so bad, but happy I am sneezing again. Make sense? 

 

Erbitux rash... yep Doc told me to expect it and if he saw it he would be happy as that was a sign it was working..but OMG..they didn't tell me to expect to be hit with a blow torch!..Seems I had a bad reaction, well call it severe the Doc said. I hope no one ever has to experience that, it scared my family and friends and even strangers. I am still working with my eyes gently get them open after I have slept.  Not sure on results other than still trying to get face healed up, as I am still in radiation.  

 

Not sure how many treatments ( radiations ) I have yet, as with my horrible reactions to all of this, they are going on a day to day with me it seems. Back being able to get the boost and ensure into the PEG, without losing it, either out one way or the other. Throat very sore, but swallowing cool tea and water, it's about all I can stand.  

   

Have off until Monday and then will see how many more treatments and how I can take one day at a time and get this over with and look forward to New Year. So far my brother and my Mama are both hanging in there as well. Thank you so much for prayers and wishes.  Hugs to all .. Kritter

Comments

  • wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    The "New Year" will be better...

    Kritter you are getting close to it being over and you are stronger than you think. Just one day at a time, is how you beat this and you are doing so well. Be proud, you are strong. 2015 will be the year of healing, and winning.

    When I was about 30 my left lung colapsed for no reason, twice. Right after It healed from the first time it did it again. I was on pain killers every four hours in the hospital and it hurt so bad. That is when I found out I was allergic to demeral and it increased pain, on the 14th day of being on it every four hours. Changed meds and the doctor said we need to burn your lung to form scar tissue so it won't collapse again. He told me "I will give you everything I legally can, but it won't do s*&t" it will hurt like hell and burn and you have to do this for as long as you can, we need an hour and a half. So he doubled the meds and the clock on the wall looked funny. Then they gave me a shot and every thing was funny and NO pain. Then he gave me the med's to burn.......I screamed bloody murder and the doctor left,[he could not take it] but the nurse had to say and take vitals every 10 min. She also gave me two shots of morphine, and I still screamed, but I stuck it out for the full 90 min. of living hell. So now when they ask what is your pain from 1 ~10, I can trully answer, because I've seen 11. But I did it and my lung has never collapsed again. I knew I had to do this to beat this so I did. People are stronger than you think, and so are you. Just one day at a time, and if it gets real bad, just one hour at a time. You will beat this. We'll keep the prayers coming.

    Bill

  • MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Holidays

    Hang in there! You have a lot of people pulling for you and praying for you. We've made 6-7 "fun runs" to the cancer center to get potassium and fluids. It's hard to stay hydrated when every swallow hurts. I've stopped sipping and started trying to swallow as much as I can. Otherwise it just prolongs the pain. Sneezing is the pits, too. The Erbitux rash really does clear up quickly once the chemo ends. You are almost done! Most of my radiation side effects happened after the treatments ended. I asked my doctor why I wasn't feeling better two months after treatment and she said some people are genetically more susceptible to the radiation. All I can say is I hope my tumor is too! Every person is different. You'll experience your own reactions and heal at your own pace. Next Christmas,we will marvel at how we ever got through these days. Take care.   Beth

     

     

  • Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Kritter

    Hang in there. Sorry your battle is so rough but trust me when I say it is all worth it, may not seem that way now but months down the road you will say Jeff was right.  Just keep thinking I can do this and fight on.

         Jeff

  • Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147
    wmc said:

    The "New Year" will be better...

    Kritter you are getting close to it being over and you are stronger than you think. Just one day at a time, is how you beat this and you are doing so well. Be proud, you are strong. 2015 will be the year of healing, and winning.

    When I was about 30 my left lung colapsed for no reason, twice. Right after It healed from the first time it did it again. I was on pain killers every four hours in the hospital and it hurt so bad. That is when I found out I was allergic to demeral and it increased pain, on the 14th day of being on it every four hours. Changed meds and the doctor said we need to burn your lung to form scar tissue so it won't collapse again. He told me "I will give you everything I legally can, but it won't do s*&t" it will hurt like hell and burn and you have to do this for as long as you can, we need an hour and a half. So he doubled the meds and the clock on the wall looked funny. Then they gave me a shot and every thing was funny and NO pain. Then he gave me the med's to burn.......I screamed bloody murder and the doctor left,[he could not take it] but the nurse had to say and take vitals every 10 min. She also gave me two shots of morphine, and I still screamed, but I stuck it out for the full 90 min. of living hell. So now when they ask what is your pain from 1 ~10, I can trully answer, because I've seen 11. But I did it and my lung has never collapsed again. I knew I had to do this to beat this so I did. People are stronger than you think, and so are you. Just one day at a time, and if it gets real bad, just one hour at a time. You will beat this. We'll keep the prayers coming.

    Bill

    Bill

    Wow!  You have been through so much and still your attitude is amazing. I can tell you really have a zest for life. That sounds so painful, to have gone through that. Honestly I can't say if I could have taken that sort of pain or not, and hope I never have to find out. I always thought I was one tough cookie, as I had a very high pain tolerance level. This really took me down a few pegs. But I am determined to make it. I am around 4 days behind my schedule, so not bad for all the issues I have had along the way. 

    My Mama, my brother and i are all determined we are going to beat our cancers and 2015 will be a very good year. 

    Prayers and hugs.. Kritter

  • Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147
    MrsBD said:

    Holidays

    Hang in there! You have a lot of people pulling for you and praying for you. We've made 6-7 "fun runs" to the cancer center to get potassium and fluids. It's hard to stay hydrated when every swallow hurts. I've stopped sipping and started trying to swallow as much as I can. Otherwise it just prolongs the pain. Sneezing is the pits, too. The Erbitux rash really does clear up quickly once the chemo ends. You are almost done! Most of my radiation side effects happened after the treatments ended. I asked my doctor why I wasn't feeling better two months after treatment and she said some people are genetically more susceptible to the radiation. All I can say is I hope my tumor is too! Every person is different. You'll experience your own reactions and heal at your own pace. Next Christmas,we will marvel at how we ever got through these days. Take care.   Beth

     

     

    Beth

    I am praying things get better for you as well. My issue is more with body rejecting PEG tube yet... you would think it's been in place long enough. I think that is why I got dehydrated.. nothing stayed in me, not even water. Getting test results of PEG test on Tuesday, so maybe things will start looking up. 

    You take care and I really hope you start to swallow and feel better soon. Prayers and Hugs.. Kritter

  • Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147
    Duggie88 said:

    Kritter

    Hang in there. Sorry your battle is so rough but trust me when I say it is all worth it, may not seem that way now but months down the road you will say Jeff was right.  Just keep thinking I can do this and fight on.

         Jeff

    Jeff

    Thanks for the encourgement, some days I just want to cry all day, other days are bearable. But I know you are right after reading all your posts about your trip through this. It does help to come on here and read what others post and know we are all fighters!.... Prayers and Hugs.. Kritter

  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Kritter, it amazes me how one

    Kritter, it amazes me how one person can face so much.  i'm sorry you are going through this as well as your mom and brother.  i cannot even begin to imagine how you do it.  i'm putting all of you in my prayers and hoping the 2015 is a much healthier year for all.

    God bless you,

    dj