Merry Christmas...

Options
Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

Well...

I went back in for surgery 12/11, I seriously under estimated it though. A lot more pain than anticipated.., grateful for Dilaudid..

I ended up being in for five days, that was after cleaning out twice..., thanks to my insurance...uggg.

Then NPO and TPN for three of those (no food or water by mouth)..., so all in, I've lost 93#.. Glad I was rather fat to begin with, LOL... or ummm big boneded, LOL.

Anyways..., MD didn't really get to the source as it was too deep... But he did remove the channels it was flowing through, cutting away dead tissue, some infection and a few sutures in suspect areas. He pulled up the Omentum, and meshed over for support...

Yesterday I got the additional 11 staples out...

So far so good as for the leak..., prayers that it's finally closed or closing...

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year

John

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi John

Just so glad to see you posting and to hear you are doing well. So sorry to see you having to go through all this again but it is the life of a survivor and the price we pay to be alive, so praying for you brother that 2015 will see you back fishing again and doing all the things you love to do.

Merry Christmas and blessed New Year

Tim

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Merry Xmas

John,

I wish that yours was a fish story, but it is not.  You must have achieved your optimum weight, so heal on.

Best now and tomorrow!

Matt

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Christmas Past, and Future

John, Tim, and all

I echo Tim's comments, John, and truly hope 2015 is a world better for you than 2014 has been. And, a Merry Christmas to the both of you, and all.

Doesn't seem possible...back in 08 on this day I had just gone thru the surgical biopsy and was waiting for the results from the U of Iowa, and preparing for my first PS/CT. 08! And this is 2014...

Y'all have my hopes and wishes, and Prayers, that 2015 is a great year for all of us who are fighting H&N, whether it be in the past, present or future. It is a fight that can be won for long-term survival-

Believe

kcass 

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Glad you're doing better......

John glad you aer doing better and I hope it had closed with no future problems.

So Merry Christmas and a NED New Year

Bill

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    wmc said:

Glad you're doing better......

John glad you aer doing better and I hope it had closed with no future problems.

So Merry Christmas and a NED New Year

Bill

Heres to a great 2015 for you mate

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi John

I said it on Fakebook but I will say it again:

MEERY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Jeff

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    better days ahead

Hey John,

Let's plan for a great 2015. This one was one to forget. Plus you owe me a  fish fry! Take care, Don

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    donfoo said:

better days ahead

Hey John,

Let's plan for a great 2015. This one was one to forget. Plus you owe me a  fish fry! Take care, Don

donfoo

all the best to you mate!

• michdjp
    michdjp Member Posts: 220
    Options
    John

i wish you and all of us here a happy and healthy new year to come. So sorry for all your troubles.  

Michelle