Brand new shiny port for Christmas!

mukamom
mukamom Member Posts: 402
edited December 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Robert had to have a new port placed yesterday.  (his original one had to be removed when the skin over it started eroding from the trial drug)

First infusion of FOLFOX will be Tuesday.  He had a choice to wait til after Christmas, but he is anxious to get started.  Robert's cancer seems to spread really quickly when he is not recieving any treatment.  Last tx was 11/19 ~ avastin and the trial drug trc105.

The surgeon who put in his new port was the same that did all of his surgeries.  The last time we saw him was in 2012 and he told Robert his new liver tumors were not resectable and that this was probably going kill him.  FOOLED HIM!  They are all dead now(the tumors).  

Six years ago today he went under the knife for his first colon resection.

I am in awe that Robert is still with me!  Laughing

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Port - Port

When I was little and living in England, my parents, who were not drinkers, used to have a glass of Port at Christmas time. I think your husband should have a glass of Port too, or something stonger. 

Sorry, your post just reminded me of that Christmas memory. 

I am in awe that Robert is still with me! 

May you continue to have many 'awesome' years with your Robert. 

Please let him know that we are thinking of him, as he moves ahead with this new chemo regime. 

I am wishing you a merry Christmas season. 

Sue 

• mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    Trubrit said:

Port - Port

When I was little and living in England, my parents, who were not drinkers, used to have a glass of Port at Christmas time. I think your husband should have a glass of Port too, or something stonger. 

Sorry, your post just reminded me of that Christmas memory. 

I am in awe that Robert is still with me! 

May you continue to have many 'awesome' years with your Robert. 

Please let him know that we are thinking of him, as he moves ahead with this new chemo regime. 

I am wishing you a merry Christmas season. 

Sue 

Way ahead of you Sue

I put a pint of Wild Turkey 101 (one of his favorites) in his stocking!!Wink

Angela

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
     None of us have an

None of us have an expiration date.  Whew!  I have been told a couple of times not to get my hopes up, or to to make sure I have my affairs in line.  lol  So much for bad Doctors and their crappy advice.

Live in the present and hope for the future.  That is all anyone can do.   I am glad you two are in great spirits and sending our thoughts and prayers for more great news.

Best Always,  mike

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    thxmiker said:

None of us have an

None of us have an expiration date.  Whew!  I have been told a couple of times not to get my hopes up, or to to make sure I have my affairs in line.  lol  So much for bad Doctors and their crappy advice.

Live in the present and hope for the future.  That is all anyone can do.   I am glad you two are in great spirits and sending our thoughts and prayers for more great news.

Best Always,  mike

You got that right Mike.

You got that right Mike. Experation dates is for milk not humans.

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member

You got that right Mike.

You got that right Mike. Experation dates is for milk not humans.

My daddy

slways said Doctors are not Gods. They are not the deciders. 

Yolanda

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Port

Glad you proved that doctor wrong.  I'd probably want to have someone else but I'm hoping that you threw that time line up in his face Laughing.  Carry on dear man and give them another milestone that you can prove them wrong on.  Good luck on the new treatment and hope it works for him.

Kim