Good News

Options
ivfour
ivfour Member Posts: 49

I had a chest cat scan this month that is still clear and has been since December 2011.  I had been diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer with mets to the lungs in april 2011.  I have been on votrient since July 2011 and oncologist is now stopping the votrient and will repeat chest  scan in 6 months.  He is not totally convinced that the nodules were cancer to begin with.  Although excited to come off the medication, I am a little nervous.  Has anyone else been told this?

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hello, glad to hear the good

Hello, glad to hear the good news of NED.  However, if he wants to stop the meds, he should scan in 3 months, not six, just my opinion.  He is not convinced that it was RCC? Why did he say that? Were the tests on the tumors inconclusive? I am a bit unsure what he means. In any case, have a happy medicine holiday, i know you will enjoy it!  Keep us posted!! Hugs!

• ivfour
    ivfour Member Posts: 49
    Options
    angec said:

Hello, glad to hear the good

Hello, glad to hear the good news of NED.  However, if he wants to stop the meds, he should scan in 3 months, not six, just my opinion.  He is not convinced that it was RCC? Why did he say that? Were the tests on the tumors inconclusive? I am a bit unsure what he means. In any case, have a happy medicine holiday, i know you will enjoy it!  Keep us posted!! Hugs!

The nodules were never

The nodules were never biopsied.  I had to change oncologists about a year ago.