Too many appointments???

Options

Finished tx in August , clean pet scans, no complications, saw my dr on dec 2, now they are calling saying I have a follow up tomorrow??? I asked why, she just said its in the chart, no blood work, nothing new.  I read according to american cancer society every 3-4 months is norm, not every 10 days!  Do I want to go? No, i already had a dental appt scheduled, it's a 2 hr drive and I really can't afford to keep missing work with new job!  Help please!  Do I feel fantastic? no, but I'm improving.  What would you do?..

Comments

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Options
    dr

that seems a little soon.  Although, I was seeing my rad onc, my med onc, and my ent/surgeon after my first cancer - sometimes all in the same month.

The ent I had montly appointments for for the fist year, I think.  Then I went to 3 monts for a year, and then 6 months until the 5 year time - then a year.

Thats great you are working.  After my first cancer, I went back pretty quick, but didn't do much else but work, sleep, and eat - for another year. 

This time, I did not have chemo and rads, but the surgery was huge.  That was in January - and am only working part time.  I don't know if I'll ever get back to full time.

Lorna

2007 & 2014

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    I go a lot more

than most on here....and that's once a month to the ENT.  10 days is so close to your last appointment, I think they made a mistake...I'd call and ask them if you can put it out a ways...like the beginning of the year.  That would be a month. 

p

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    I would ask Why?

I would tell them I have a Dr. appointment already for that day and can't cancel and they need to reschedule. Did they tell you about it on the 2nd. If not, I would really want to know why. Have you been seeing them this offten since August? I have to be seen every two months for the first year because I didn't have Radiation. Every person is differant, but if you are being seen twice a month I would have the doctor explain why this is nessory. Is there something that concerns them they should have already told you.

Just my thoughts.  [My drive is four hours there and five back, 430 miles round trip]

Bill

• thennies61
    thennies61 Member Posts: 285
    Options
    wmc said:

I would ask Why?

I would tell them I have a Dr. appointment already for that day and can't cancel and they need to reschedule. Did they tell you about it on the 2nd. If not, I would really want to know why. Have you been seeing them this offten since August? I have to be seen every two months for the first year because I didn't have Radiation. Every person is differant, but if you are being seen twice a month I would have the doctor explain why this is nessory. Is there something that concerns them they should have already told you.

Just my thoughts.  [My drive is four hours there and five back, 430 miles round trip]

Bill

I have been done since

I have been done since Aug.After my pet scan I have seen my rad and chemo doctor about every 3 months.I go back in Feb but chemo doc said that will be the last one.They will do blood work then.I do see my surgen every 8 weeks he said that will last about a year.Can understand my surgen seeing me but not the others every 3 months except to check which is fine.