Update from Cypress Cynthia's Sister 12/9/14

Options
Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462

"I was thinking about Eileen today and know how many of you have sent your thoughts and prayers over the last 18 months. It really did have a positive impact on her and I am sad that she can no longer read your comments. She is quiet now, not speaking much and mostly sleeping. Danny remains at her side and has been an amazing caretaker. Eileen is lucky to have him and she is lucky to have all of you. Some special things about Eileen, she married her childhood sweetheart at... the age of 21 and has been happily married for 40 years. She started out as a writer and journalism major and switched to nursing later. All of those babies she took care of for 35 years were so fortunate to have her as she had a sort of 6th sense about her little patients. She loved being a mom and loved being a grandmother to Bella even more. Eileen is a voracious reader putting away a book a week most months. Her kindle was her security blanket when I was there before Thanksgiving. She carried it everywhere even though she really couldn't use it anymore. Eileen loved making blankets for breast cancer survivors and loved being on the cancer message boards. She tried to help people who didn't have the medical knowledge that she did. Most of you know how much she loves animals from being on this site and seeing all of her amazing pictures of flora and fauna. Eileen has been an incredible sister although as children we had a lot of sibling rivalry. As we matured and became young adults we became closer and closer. My life has been much richer with her in it."

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Thank You - Jean

tears ... Broken heart, and spirit here ..  what a wonderful tribute by Eileen's sister .. 

Strength, Courage and Peace I pray for Eileen's husband, Danny and daughter, Katherine - and loved ones..

Vicki Sam 

• justme32213
    justme32213 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    I HAVE NEEN CRYIN, I CANT

I HAVE NEEN CRYIN, I CANT STOP. I AM THERE , I AM HER, I AM GOING TO BE THERE SOME DAY SOON. I LOVE YOU, I WILL CONTINUNE TO FIGHT THIS FRIGGIN DISEASE AS LONG AS I LIVE MY DEAR CYNTHIA....KEEP KICKING YOUR FEET AND THROWING YOUR FIST...THE FIIGHT IS NOT DONE YET MY LOVE

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I HAVE NEEN CRYIN, I CANT

I HAVE NEEN CRYIN, I CANT STOP. I AM THERE , I AM HER, I AM GOING TO BE THERE SOME DAY SOON. I LOVE YOU, I WILL CONTINUNE TO FIGHT THIS FRIGGIN DISEASE AS LONG AS I LIVE MY DEAR CYNTHIA....KEEP KICKING YOUR FEET AND THROWING YOUR FIST...THE FIIGHT IS NOT DONE YET MY LOVE

no two people are the same

no two people are the same remember that.

I am having a tough time with this, i didnt want to post this on the FB page as it isnt about me. i am having a hard time accepting this and am sooooo mad.

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carkris said:

no two people are the same

no two people are the same remember that.

I am having a tough time with this, i didnt want to post this on the FB page as it isnt about me. i am having a hard time accepting this and am sooooo mad.

Eloquent tribune to exceptional person

I am having hard time too.There is no answer WHY? Why it has been happening?

I had a pleasure to meet Eileen this July. While known her in cyber space since 2009, I  have been completely taken by her warm and carring personality. She expressed glowing light and all health problems disappeared. Eileen was full of life, she looked energetic looking forward to the future. Why we did not stay longer, talk more? I know she does not want us to cry, but I cannot stop.

My thoughts are with Eileen and her family. They are exceptional family, supporting each other and I hope whatever is ahead will be peaceful for them

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Eloquent tribune to exceptional person

I am having hard time too.There is no answer WHY? Why it has been happening?

I had a pleasure to meet Eileen this July. While known her in cyber space since 2009, I  have been completely taken by her warm and carring personality. She expressed glowing light and all health problems disappeared. Eileen was full of life, she looked energetic looking forward to the future. Why we did not stay longer, talk more? I know she does not want us to cry, but I cannot stop.

My thoughts are with Eileen and her family. They are exceptional family, supporting each other and I hope whatever is ahead will be peaceful for them

My thoughts and prayers go

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.      I haven't been a part of the board for very long but Eileen's posts and journey have touched me.   Just heartbreaking

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    SHE Is amazing.
    Sounds like she is not there yet. Hopefully some of this is from medication. Sounds like in her own way she is stil rallying. I know she educated me more than most doctorss I have seen with thus disease and she is selfless in her willing to share her knowledge.
    Am so happy that so many of us got to meet such a short time ago and her sisters were also lovely. Eileen was so full of life it was hard to believe she was even sick when I met her!
    Hugs, prayers and no pain.
    Carol