57-year breast cancer survivor story from ACS

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

If you haven't seen this story on the American Cancer Society's website of a healthy 90-year-old breast cancer survivor who was diagnosed 57 years ago, check it out -- this is the kind of story all of us here need to hear:

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandaftertreatment/storiesofhope/57-year-breast-cancer-survivor-to-celebrate-90th-birthday

As well as being truly inspired, I found so interesting the details of her diagnosis and treatment in 1957, which really show us how far we've come.  

If this woman can live happy and healthy for 57 years after the drastic, radical surgeries she had in 1957, I can live the rest of my life after a simple, bilateral mastectomy.  I really appreciate the inspiration!

Traci

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks Traci

What a wonderful story. Having had a radical mastectomy myself with muscle removal and complete lymph node clearance, it gives me so much hope. I love the part about going out with your husband and putting your feet up! Some good advice never goes out of style.

Thanks for sharing, Anna

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    button2 said:

Thanks Traci

What a wonderful story. Having had a radical mastectomy myself with muscle removal and complete lymph node clearance, it gives me so much hope. I love the part about going out with your husband and putting your feet up! Some good advice never goes out of style.

Thanks for sharing, Anna

Great

Great and Positive Stuff ***   Thanks for Sharing ***

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Great

Great and Positive Stuff ***   Thanks for Sharing ***

Thanks Traci for bringing this to our

attention ---   Wow, ...   tears flowing...   

• BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Survivorship

I love this story!!!!   :-)

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    BunnyJane said:

Survivorship

I love this story!!!!   :-)

... bumping up

this post ..  so worth the read --  inspirational is all I can say.

Vicki Sam