No trial

Options

I do not qualify for the trial at Stanford.  I will be getting Taxol locally.  I will see my local ENT, who is very good about staying in contact with Stanford.  I will go back to Stanford in 2 months to be evaluated to see if this is helping keep the beast at bay.

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    the power of positive thinking

Bev,

Do you want me to call Stanford for you, because I will do it.

Do you want me to come over and rip the head off the beast, because I will do it.

I am on Team Bev and praying for good results.

Your friend,

Matt

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

the power of positive thinking

Bev,

Do you want me to call Stanford for you, because I will do it.

Do you want me to come over and rip the head off the beast, because I will do it.

I am on Team Bev and praying for good results.

Your friend,

Matt

That's my head!!!

Remember, my cancer is all in my head!  Rip off the cancer, I'd love it, but I would be the headless KTeacher or Pirate Grandma!

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    KTeacher said:

That's my head!!!

Remember, my cancer is all in my head!  Rip off the cancer, I'd love it, but I would be the headless KTeacher or Pirate Grandma!

give cancer the Heave Ho

Arrgghh me Matey.  I’ll cleave the Beast by its head and the booty will be you all shipshape.  Savvy?

Matt

• louhou13
    louhou13 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    KTeacher said:

That's my head!!!

Possible trial...

Hello, I am currently on clinical trial Medi4736 for recurrance of tonsil cancer. I've been on the trial since April and my tumors have shrunk by 50 % with no side effects. The trial is not in northern CA (I was originally treated at Stanford) so I fly to LA 2X/month. I'm beinig treated at The Angeles Clinic by Dr. Ani Balmanoukian(She's awesome!!). I would be more than happy to answer questions if you are interested.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    other options

Hi KT,

Surely there are other trials that you might benefit from but not yet found as yet. I know Stanford has an excellent reputation but being there might also place you under their view of the medical world. We all understand how research funding works and is the oil that feeds research institutions as well as the competition for grant dollars. It makes perfect sense that a research facility like Stanford is going to be their "go to" for treatments and such. Not to say they don't know about other research and trials nor in anyway deter attention from them but just natural they know what they do best.

Have you searched the main government trials database? I have to believe there are plenty of other potential trials for you but may have other insititions leading or enrolled in them. It is a very patch work system of how trials are formed and the participants. No hospital is involved in every trial and every trial has a small set participating in them.

Hope you find some other options. Don

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    donfoo said:

other options

Hi KT,

Surely there are other trials that you might benefit from but not yet found as yet. I know Stanford has an excellent reputation but being there might also place you under their view of the medical world. We all understand how research funding works and is the oil that feeds research institutions as well as the competition for grant dollars. It makes perfect sense that a research facility like Stanford is going to be their "go to" for treatments and such. Not to say they don't know about other research and trials nor in anyway deter attention from them but just natural they know what they do best.

Have you searched the main government trials database? I have to believe there are plenty of other potential trials for you but may have other insititions leading or enrolled in them. It is a very patch work system of how trials are formed and the participants. No hospital is involved in every trial and every trial has a small set participating in them.

Hope you find some other options. Don

Bev

Once I had my 3rd recurrance, I did taxol/erbitux combo. To date, it has kept the beast at bay. Continued prayers.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Teacher

Sorry to hear that but keep believing and doing what you can, if a door opens for you walk through it and keep focus that it is the right path God is leading you in. Will continue to keep you in my prayers everyday

Tim Hondo

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Bev.

Sorry to hear this Bev. Praying this treatment works.

Debbie

• Hard12Find
    Hard12Find Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No Trial

Bev,

I have been following your posts and have been at a loss for words......my heart is aching for you...you have been through so much, and fought so bravely, then to end up where you are at. This beast is the most unfair, cruel, evil thing to ever exist....just remember you don't have an expiration date, and you have a lot of friends pulling and praying for you.......I say shoot for 20 or 30 more years, just to show em you can....

Jim

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Bev, i'm so very sorry to

Bev, i'm so very sorry to hear this and keeping you in my prayers.

God bless you,

dj

• tesa
    tesa Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Bev,
    I am so sorry to hear

Bev,

I am so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I will fervently pray for you. Don't be defeated ,  you can beat this. Stay focused on healing. I hate cancer!!!!!!

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Sorry to hear that

Your in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the fight, and faith.  [I need spell check]

Bill