OT - The Grinch didn't succeed!

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

The Grinch was here sometime between 5:30 Sat pm and 11:00 Mon am.

We have a Kid's Park in one of the parks along Rapid Creek which is full of all sorts of displays that are designed for children - fairytale characters/Disney characters/all sorts of stuff - that is turned into a sparkling fairyland with lights 'everywhere'.  Well, somebody(s) got in somehow during that time and destroyed $2,000 worth of the lights.  The lights were not just pulled down but were cut and torn up so not useable.  They were able to buy enough new lights last night and use backup ones.  This morning enough volunteers turned up to get it back to what it was and will be ready to open on the night of the 28th as planned.

The 'Christmas Nights of Lights' is the main 'money maker' so that when Storybook Island is open during the summer it is free.  It costs $2.00 to go through during Nights of Lights.  I don't know how many individual lights there are but I would say probably in the 100,000's.  Last month I helped with putting the lights out - I had a fantastic day, worked hard and got real tired.It is amazing how heavy strings of lights can be when doing long distances.

Hopefully, the ones who did it will be found.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Comments

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Riots in Ferguson, MO Last Night

Do you suppose that the Riots in MO last night may have influenced what happened where you live?

Very Sad indeed but good for the good people there who rallied to the cause...

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sounds like a beautiful display.

As terrible as it sounded at first, it is actually amazing how your community pulled together!  Hopefully, whomever did it will be stupid enuf to brag to someone.  Seems like that is how so many get caught. 

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Sounds like a beautiful display.

As terrible as it sounded at first, it is actually amazing how your community pulled together!  Hopefully, whomever did it will be stupid enuf to brag to someone.  Seems like that is how so many get caught. 

Sad indeed --

PUNKS no doubt ...  at least they did not steal your Holiday spirit of Love, Caring, and Giving.

Vicki Sam