breast expanders

Options
Winnie63
Winnie63 Member Posts: 6

My surgery was a month ago today.  I had my first fill on Nov.13th only 20 cc each.  Are they supposed to feel mpy? hard and look lumpy?  Also wondering if anyone wore the compresson bra with pads in it after the first fill?  I don't see the plastic surgeon for another week.  Have been careful not to lift anything over 10 lbs. or lift my arms over my head.  I have started cooking some sice its just me and my husband.  wondering if its too soon .  also i am still sleeping in the recliner any ideas how to get comfortable in bed? the scar is looking bunchy under the fill area is that normal?  My onconolgist visit was ok except that the test results to see if the cancer was a low medium or high risk to come back wasnt back yet. any help on the expanders would help!

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I didnt have
    a recliner so I slept on my back with extra pillows so I was elevated. My expanders were tight and hard from the get go and not smooth until all the swelling was gone. My surgeon had me walking the wall right away. Where I stood back and walked with my hands up the wall (like itsy bitsy spider), to get my arms over my head so I wouldnt lose mobility.
    It was about 12 years ago so they may be doing it differently now. I didnt have a lot of pain with it.
    The olympics were here, in fact I wat hed the opening ceremonies with fireworks from my hosp. window the nite of the surgery and that Saturday after, I had tickets to an artshow that I got before all the cancer stuff started that I went to. I remember that I hurt more that nite than even the day of surgery and got the I told you so's from my family when I complained that I really hurt! But still glad I went:))
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    camul said:

I didnt have
    a recliner so I slept on my back with extra pillows so I was elevated. My expanders were tight and hard from the get go and not smooth until all the swelling was gone. My surgeon had me walking the wall right away. Where I stood back and walked with my hands up the wall (like itsy bitsy spider), to get my arms over my head so I wouldnt lose mobility.
    It was about 12 years ago so they may be doing it differently now. I didnt have a lot of pain with it.
    The olympics were here, in fact I wat hed the opening ceremonies with fireworks from my hosp. window the nite of the surgery and that Saturday after, I had tickets to an artshow that I got before all the cancer stuff started that I went to. I remember that I hurt more that nite than even the day of surgery and got the I told you so's from my family when I complained that I really hurt! But still glad I went:))

like Carol, I was instructed to do exercises immediately

after I returned home from having my bilateral mastectomy.  I was in pain - it hurt, but in the end I was mobile and able to drive 2 weeks after my bilateral.

When I went in for my expander fills - i ended up with 120cc fills to each breast - I took tylenol before each fill, and after.  I also used frozen peas and place the bag wrapped in a clean hand towel on each breast for 15 min several times a day -- this truly helped with the inflammation after each fill.

Hoping for better days for you.

Vicki Sam