Options
2»

Comments

• europeantiger
    europeantiger Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Semira said:

Welcome...

... from the 'german branch' of this great board. You found a place full of wisdom and information and many wonderful people.

I'm caregiver to 47 year old husband who was diagnosed stage IV (mets to liver) on Nov 9th 2011. He had surgery, got a temporary ileostomy, hat 6 months of chemo (Oxaliplatin & Xeloda), Ileostomy takedown after 8 months and clear scans ever since. Last scan 8 weeks ago.

Take one step at a time and ask questions over questions.

A hug from Cologne, Germany

Petra

Ich bin auch aus Deutschland

Hi!

Thenaks for saying hello. Always happy to meet a German. I'm from Munich. I'm grateful that your honey is doing well :)

Hugs back,

Maria

• europeantiger
    europeantiger Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Cimetidine

Thank you all for your good cheer and especially for Cimetidine. I have read a ton and we will definitely include this in the treatment. Why is this not widely known by surgeons and oncologists? Surgery will be December 4, half the colon will come out. 

Thanking all of you!

Maria and Frederick

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Having a Plan

Having a plan is a good thing as you can see where you are headed and have a path to follow and yes, you should get a second opinion.  If your doctor says they don't recommend it then they aren't worth having as a doctor.  Glad that the surgery will happen.  It's good to get out the bad stuff if you can.  Sounds like you are very commited to your partner and that is good.  It's going to be a rough road to travel but we can help you get through all of this.  Thank you for your support for your loved one as that is a big help in helping him get well and a good way for him to move forward to getting through all of this that is ahead of you both. 

Kim

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Ich bin auch aus Deutschland

Hi!

Thenaks for saying hello. Always happy to meet a German. I'm from Munich. I'm grateful that your honey is doing well :)

Hugs back,

Maria

The german branch is growing

Hi Maria,

now we are at least 3 germans here... You should try to connect to Aicirtap, she is from Munich too and caregiver to her boyfriend.

Hugs from Cologne

Petra

• Aicirtap
    Aicirtap Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to read this

Hi,

I'm sorry to read this but as mentioned: my boyfriend was diagnosed stage IV in 2010 and we are both from Munich. where arecyou guys being treated-Großhadern or rechts der Isar? I will send you a pm with my number - in case you would like to talk. 

In in the meantime, all the best! 

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Aicirtap said:

Hi,
    I'm sorry to read this

Hi,

I'm sorry to read this but as mentioned: my boyfriend was diagnosed stage IV in 2010 and we are both from Munich. where arecyou guys being treated-Großhadern or rechts der Isar? I will send you a pm with my number - in case you would like to talk. 

In in the meantime, all the best! 

I have

little more to add. I did get a second opinion.  Chemo is different for everyone. My first 5 treatments went pretty smoothly with just a little fatigue and occasional nauseau. My last 5 treatments were much tougher. I was originally scheduled for 12 rounds but stopped at 10 because of neuropathy. I'm newly finished with my chemo so I still have some nausea and neuropathy. I followed all of the chemo rules for folfox5. I didn't try eating cold foods or drinks.  its almost easier when you're in chemo because you know how your body is reacting. The wait is terrible. Positive attitude helps.

Yolanda