Update on Cypress Cynthia *Updated November 21, 2014*

Options

Comments

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Eileen

My very first post on this board was a cry for help.  I was floundering about emotionally and was suffering from anxiety, depression and panic.  CC wrote me a beautiful, caring email and in no uncertain terms told me how to help myself as I was suffering needlessly.  I'll never forget that.  

When it was time to remove my late husband from TPN, under the guidance of hospice, I knew his suffering would come to an end.  CC's journey at this point will be gentle.  

My heart goes out to CC and her family.

Sharon

• gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    My prayers are added to all

My prayers are added to all the ones from everyone here. Prayers for peace and no pain. Diana ...

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

Thank you, Jean...

Beyond heartbroken...

Eileen is quite special. Caring, smart, wonderful sense of humor - inspiring.

If there is even the tiniest shred of a chance that she could rally (our CC often joked she has more lives than a cat), I'm hanging on to it very tightly.

As I have been, am keeping hopeful thoughts for her within my heart.

Kind regards, Susan

Prayers for Strength for Family*

Prayers for you Jean and for Eileen's Husband and all Friends and Family.   Hospice is wonderful and they will help so very much as they did for my sister .... May you find the strength to face these trying days and the Peace we were promised in John 14:27  ***   You and Eileen are in my heart and in my prayers.

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    So sad right now

EILEEN = Cancer Survivors Network

• GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 134
    Options
    button2 said:

So sad right now

EILEEN = Cancer Survivors Network

This wonderful woman was my

This wonderful woman was my guiding light as I went through my journey with breast cancer.  I don't even know what to say about this sad news except I am sending prayers.

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    GMcD said:

This wonderful woman was my

This wonderful woman was my guiding light as I went through my journey with breast cancer.  I don't even know what to say about this sad news except I am sending prayers.

My thought are with Eileen and her family

It is heartbreaking to read. He has been a very vibrant, strong, and caring pink sister to all of us. She was looking forward to the new treatment . My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I still hope for a miracle.

• hope67
    hope67 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Love and peace

Sending tons of love and peace to Eileen and her family. These news are really heartbreaking, something I never wanted to read.

She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Carmen

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    Praying~♥

My heart is heavy as our sister has fought so diligently~praying for peace, comfort, rest ~♥ CC~ Eileen, forever in our hearts, an inspiration, warrior, friend and support. It is good to hear that her family is cared for and supported thru the most challenging of times.

~M

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    hope67 said:

Love and peace

Sending tons of love and peace to Eileen and her family. These news are really heartbreaking, something I never wanted to read.

She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Carmen

Can not wrap my head around this news -

I had the pleasure of meeting our beloved CC in person and believe me when I say ...  her smile provided warm, love and hope. 

There is no justice to why, or whom is taken to heaven by the beast we know as 'breast cancer'. Eileen has provided so many with information, help, research and out pour of love and concern for all.

Eileen loved Danny her Engineer Husband - and daughter, Katherine.  So proud, and delighted at Katherine's recent wedding - did I mention her beautiful new granddaughter. 

I pray for comfort, peace and much strength for Danny, Katherine and CC's extended family, and Sisters. 

CC is and will always be my HERO, Mentor, and Friend.

Vicki Sam

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Praying~♥

My heart is heavy as our sister has fought so diligently~praying for peace, comfort, rest ~♥ CC~ Eileen, forever in our hearts, an inspiration, warrior, friend and support. It is good to hear that her family is cared for and supported thru the most challenging of times.

~M

CC

Seeing this post brings tears to my eyes as well. CC's posts are always inspirational, helpful and caring.  I pray that she can once again fight back this cancer.  Hugs and prayers to CC and her family.

Ginny

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Update November 21

Below is a message that CC's sister posted today on Facebook.  It is a message that she received from Eileen's daughter, Katherine.  Her sister added the parts in the parenthesis.  Please continue to keep Eileen, Danny, Katherine, and their entire family in your thoughts & prayers.

Mom seems to be doing better today. Still pretty confused, but less so. She is physically ridiculously better than she was on Tuesday. We got her to drink a few sips of smoothie, but she still isn't really eating. It sounds like she had a good night last night. No trying to walk the dogs at midnight (the night before Eileen got up and put on her boots and jacket and was ready to walk the dogs, I thought that was amazing even if the timing was off) My Dad was able to get some sleep. (This was a message I received from Katherine today. I added the part in parenthesis)

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Update November 21

Below is a message that CC's sister posted today on Facebook.  It is a message that she received from Eileen's daughter, Katherine.  Her sister added the parts in the parenthesis.  Please continue to keep Eileen, Danny, Katherine, and their entire family in your thoughts & prayers.

Mom seems to be doing better today. Still pretty confused, but less so. She is physically ridiculously better than she was on Tuesday. We got her to drink a few sips of smoothie, but she still isn't really eating. It sounds like she had a good night last night. No trying to walk the dogs at midnight (the night before Eileen got up and put on her boots and jacket and was ready to walk the dogs, I thought that was amazing even if the timing was off) My Dad was able to get some sleep. (This was a message I received from Katherine today. I added the part in parenthesis)

Jean ...

thank you for the update!  Continued prayers

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    So, so, so sad

Thank you Jean for the update.

I was not aware of her current situation. I remember her looking beautiful for her daughter's wedding. She was so happy to be able to see her get married. I remember the photo she took with her. They both look so happy. That was the last memory I had of her. I really thought she was doing well. And I was happy for her.

I am so sorry this is happening to another sister. I wish it would stop! It's not fair. It hurts.

Sending prayers for our beautiful sister and her family.

Hang in the sweet sister! We love you.

Praying.

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Update November 21

Jean Thank you

Jean, Thank you for this update.

I am very hopefull. Continue to keep Eileen and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Update November 21

TY

Thank you so much for your update.  We hang onto the smallest pieces of hope and positive news. I know how much you are all aware how close we hold our supreme pink sister Eileen. You are fortunate to have each other at this time. We are the caboose clanking along on the track with you. Thank you again

• WhoaThere
    WhoaThere Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Wonderful Woman

I'd just like to say that CC answered my first panic-stricken post at the beginning of my journey.  Not only did she answer, but in depth, with recipes, with websites, with compassion.  My prayers go out to her family.  What a wonder woman.

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Update November 21

Thank You For the update, Jean

My prayers and positive thoughts go out to Eileen, her husband, daughter and her family as well as Eileen's sister.

She always said, that we long term survivors must stick together.  I do have hope for you Eileen that will pull you through and back to the drugs that will help keep this awful disease in check for a while longer.

Love to all of you,

Doris

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    WhoaThere said:

Wonderful Woman

I'd just like to say that CC answered my first panic-stricken post at the beginning of my journey.  Not only did she answer, but in depth, with recipes, with websites, with compassion.  My prayers go out to her family.  What a wonder woman.

Keeping you all in my prayers....

sending gentle hugs ... and love all around you.  A beautiful, tender soul.

-Jenny

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hoping

I won't give up hoping that she will rally.  If anyone out there can pull through this she is the one who can do it.  My strength and thoughts go out to her loving family.  

Sending strength and hope,

Clementine

• lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hoping

I won't give up hoping that she will rally.  If anyone out there can pull through this she is the one who can do it.  My strength and thoughts go out to her loving family.  

Sending strength and hope,

Clementine

hope and strength

CC is one of the people on this board I always turned to for advice and help.  When I posted something, she frequently was the first to respond.  She is positive, and always words things with compassion and motivation.

My prayers go out to her, her family, and friends.

Sending hugs, faith, hope and strength.   She is one admired person on this board.  <3  And a strong fighter.

Carol