2 time survivor

leesag
leesag Member Posts: 621 Member

I've been away from this board for far too long.  My name is Leesa and I'm a two time survivor.  I was diagnosed at stage 3c in January 2010 and rediagnosed stage 4 after brain mets in 2011.  I'm still going strong.  Don't ever give up hope, I think my survival is partially due to a refusal to acknowledge the effects of the cancer I've battled.  My (soon to be ex) husband told my best friend that he expected me to come out of brain surgery and spend months to learn everything all over again. Stupid Man, he underestimated my will to live and live healthy.  It's been 3 1/2 years since brain surgery and almost 5 since diagnosis.  I'm doing just fine!  Never, Ever, Give up!  (and don't google stats).  Love you all!  Leesa

Comments

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    Hi leesa,  it's so good to

Hi leesa,  it's so good to hear that your doing so well , I admire your strength and will to fight this disease we have . My oncologist says people with a positive outlook do far better , you prove that . Good luck leesa jue x

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS, LEESA!

You have quite a testimony!   God bless you with continued health and the grand perserverance that you have demonstrated through all of this.  I remember your posts throughout this whole time, and it's so good to see your message today.  I'm so sorry to hear that you will have to deal with a divorce, but it will be his loss - you are forever strong!

Monika

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    mopar said:

CONGRATULATIONS, LEESA!

You have quite a testimony!   God bless you with continued health and the grand perserverance that you have demonstrated through all of this.  I remember your posts throughout this whole time, and it's so good to see your message today.  I'm so sorry to hear that you will have to deal with a divorce, but it will be his loss - you are forever strong!

Monika

Great to hear from you

so glad you came here and posted..glad you doing well. You have been through a lot of physical pain and mental pain as well. Terrible your husband doesn't understand.i wish you years of good health and happiness...stay strong. Vall 

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Great to hear from you

so glad you came here and posted..glad you doing well. You have been through a lot of physical pain and mental pain as well. Terrible your husband doesn't understand.i wish you years of good health and happiness...stay strong. Vall 

Hi Leesa!

It's so wonderful to hear from you.  Thank you for sharing your story of hope, survival and strength!  You are a true inspiration.  May you live a long and happy life.

Warmly,

Kelly

• khsherwood
    khsherwood Member Posts: 33 Member
    Good news

Hi Leesa, welcome back. You are wonderful! I was just diagnosed for the second time with ovarian cancer, 3c like you were, and am looking to hear some good news for a change and here you are! Alive and kicking! Thank you, Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    So good to hear from you.

I am so happy to hear you are doing well.  I have wondered about you.  Sorry about your marriage but after all you've been through, I know you'll get through this.  

Karen

• kimberly sue 63
    kimberly sue 63 Member Posts: 421 Member
    You are an inspiration!

You are an inspiration!