Hair growth after Treatment

I was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in 2011 when I was 19 year old. I've been three years in remision and have remained very healthy since then. Overall I shouldn't complain, yet my vanity has made me concerned about my hair. Like with many cases it's grown back different than it was before chemo, but unfortunately it's also thinner than it used to be. I also feel like it fall out easier than it used to, and although my friends tell me there's nothing to worry about I'm really self conscious about the slightest bald spot. I had to have chemo and radiation, but the tumor was on my sacrum so it shouldn't have affected my hair too terribly. I've tried taking Biotin pills and increasing my protien intake (I don't eat red meat or pork so I'm limited to poultry and fish) but I still feel like my hair is super fragile. I'd like to know if this is normal for other surivivors, if I should be worried, or if I'm being completely paranoid. I know it's really vain to be thinking about my hair after all that I've been through, but it worries me to think I could lose my hair again.

Comments

• Weezie13
    Weezie13 Member Posts: 1
    Hair

My daughter had chemo at 19 also and has the same issue.  Her thick curly hair pre cancer has come back so thin and scarce.  You can see her scalp.  Any ideas of what to do about it?