Frequent fever after with breast cancer, normal?

hi. Is it normal to have fever often with breast cancer post treatment?  Anyone experience this?

thank you. 

Pm

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I referred to mine, as Hot Flashes !!

But,  please please please go see your doctor to make sure there is no underline issues - like an infection.

Or could it possibly be that --- your body is flushing itself of all the chemo therapy??  

Please get in to see your doctor..

Let us know how things are going, okay.

Strength, Courage, and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Could be infection.

Could be infection.  Depending on age, increase of hot flashes very normal with anti cancer drugs and Tamoxifen.  Or does it feel more than flashes?  Yes, absolutely must go back to oncol about it to clarify what it is.

• WhoaThere
    WhoaThere Member Posts: 24
    Hope You Feel Better

I had a fever on about day 5 after every single chemo treatment.  I would shiver and shake for about 3-4 hours, then it would resolve itself.  Be sure and let your MO know how you're feeling.  Good luck and I hope you feel better.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Post Treatment?

Not exactly sure how far after treatment you are talking about PM.......  I ran a pretty high fever every time I had chemo  ten days after the Infusion.......My chemo was every three weeks and at Day Ten I ran a fever of about 103 to 104......so had to have Antibiotics each time and they prescribed Levaquin.      Your Immune System hits bottom and you get infections......... I hope you do call your Oncologist whenever you run a fever...it is a sign of something happening with you and they need to know about it.    Thoughts and Prayers....