Lymphocele

UPSC - Stage 1.A I got the results of my CT scan and there is no evidence of disease!  I do have a cystic mass that is a possible lymphocele.  It is 5.1 cm. This is a complication from my hysterectomy when I had 23 nodes removed. i will be having a pelvic and a transvaginal ultrasound on Monday.  Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks!

Donna

Comments

• Hybridspirits
    Hybridspirits Member Posts: 209
    lymphocele

yes I had it.  My suregery was 12/12/12.  I have recently seen this get smaller now almost two years later

• RGW
    RGW Member Posts: 60

lymphocele

yes I had it.  My suregery was 12/12/12.  I have recently seen this get smaller now almost two years later

Lymphocele

i had an 8 cm lymphocele after my radical hysterectomy. My surgeon wanted to drain it but I decided to wait and see, even though he said it would never go away on its own. After I began my yoga practice again, it seemed to be getting smaller and 2 years later it had disappeared. My doctor was astonished. I don't really know for sure if the yoga had anything to do with it, but my point is: never say never!

• flyerette65
    flyerette65 Member Posts: 65
    RGW said:

Lymphocele

i had an 8 cm lymphocele after my radical hysterectomy. My surgeon wanted to drain it but I decided to wait and see, even though he said it would never go away on its own. After I began my yoga practice again, it seemed to be getting smaller and 2 years later it had disappeared. My doctor was astonished. I don't really know for sure if the yoga had anything to do with it, but my point is: never say never!

Lymphocele

I had 39 lymph nodes removed at the time of surgery.  After chemo we did a CT pelvic scan which showed a 6mm lymphocele.  My gyn/oncologist told me it was nothing to worry about unless it bothered me. The radiologist tried to tell me that "we have to assume this is probably cancer". He was trying to get me to agree to 35 external and 3 internal radiation treatments.  The next day I called my oncologist and told them what the radiologist had said.  I then had a PET scan which showed no sign of cancer.  I then decided to forego radiation all together.  I hope I'm not sorry for that decision down the road.