Is my dad dying????

Meg1986
Meg1986 Member Posts: 1

Dad had a heart attract sept. 19, that's when they found the mass on his left upper lung and removed it 4 weeks later, after they removed it they said it was soft ball size with 1 of 7 lymph nodes involved, what are we really looking at??? My dad and I are extremely close, but for whatever reason he won give me( a nurse ) access to his records anymore! My brother and I are flipping out wanting answers that he cannot give us( he's very confused) he said( and this may be wrong stage 3 b)

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    He may be trying to spare you while he adjusts.

This is not an automatic death sentence any longer.   I had a large tumor with metastesis.  Stage 4 over four years ago.  I enjoy a good quality of life and spend days doing things I love.  

• Dawn50
    Dawn50 Member Posts: 122
    There is no right answer

Meg,

I am SO sorry for what your Dad and family are going through. Your question is a tough one. Lung cancer isn't an automatic death sentence any more. There are many treatments - Chemo, radiation, etc that can help stop or slow the disease. It really depends how your Dad's specific cancer reacts to these treatments. As a nurse, I'm sure you realize the survival rate is very low. My husband had stage 3b and survived 3 years after diagnosis.  The best advice I can give is to just love him and respect whatever decisions he makes as far as treatment/no treatment goes.

In my prayers,

Dawn