Recently diagnosed with Pmbcl

Hello all.... I decided after looking on here and reading others' posts and comments, to share my story as well. I know this will help me along my journey, as many of you have already been where I have yet to go. I was diagnosed a little over two weeks ago after goin to the ER because of a "slight" shortness of breath. It was nothing that caused problems with my daily living but it just bothered me because I knew it wasn't my normal. My sister had heart issues so of course I assumed maybe so did I causing fluid to accumulate and thus cause me to be short of breath. Well after a chest x-ray and a ct with contrast, the doctor came in and notified my husband and I that there was a big mass atop of my lungs. I was devastated! My life flashed before my eyes. I'm a new nurse but anytime I have heard the word mass before, it wasn't good. Well I was admitted that evening and the next day had a biopsy done. I was discharged a day or so later and went home to wait for "the call". Two days later I received the call that it was lymphoma and after meeting with the onc doc I found out the type. After another meeting, we decided on DA-EPOCH(R). It has all been moving so fast with BMB and PET scan and now I will be getting port in today and start in patient chemo tomorrow. Im nervous as to what's to come and any unknown info I may not know. If anyone has any stories/ info they would like to share or any tips on getting through chemo I would greatly appreciate your input. 

Tiffany

Comments

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Welcome, Tiffany

I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Lymphoma but I am glad you have decided to join our group. Since you have been reading posts here, you already know that we are a very diverse group. We are bound together by a common thread--Lymphoma. We are different ages and have different types of lymphoma. We've been through different types of treatment. 

I had my first chemo in the hospital also. The nurses were humbling and inspiring through their compassion and grace. They will educate you and help you through your chemo, so try to rest easy tonight. 

Lymphoma is a very treatable disease and often curable. 

I want to wish you good luck tomorrow. . .I hope all goes well. Check back in when you can?

Hugs,

Rocquie

• MrsTiffBJones
    MrsTiffBJones Member Posts: 3
    Rocquie said:

Welcome, Tiffany

I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Lymphoma but I am glad you have decided to join our group. Since you have been reading posts here, you already know that we are a very diverse group. We are bound together by a common thread--Lymphoma. We are different ages and have different types of lymphoma. We've been through different types of treatment. 

I had my first chemo in the hospital also. The nurses were humbling and inspiring through their compassion and grace. They will educate you and help you through your chemo, so try to rest easy tonight. 

Lymphoma is a very treatable disease and often curable. 

I want to wish you good luck tomorrow. . .I hope all goes well. Check back in when you can?

Hugs,

Rocquie

Thankful

Rocquie... Thanks for your response. Didn't sleep too well last Night thinking about treatment and also because my chest and shoulder was aching and aggravating on the side where my port was placed Yesterday evening. Your words provided some comfort as to the hospital stay and your encounter with great nurses. I will be going in to be admitted for my first round of chemo in a couple of hours and my stomach is in knots. I will update once things get started. I'm thankful for this discussion board and all of the individuals who have shared their stories. It helps to ease a few of my worries at times.

Tiffany

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member

Thankful

Rocquie... Thanks for your response. Didn't sleep too well last Night thinking about treatment and also because my chest and shoulder was aching and aggravating on the side where my port was placed Yesterday evening. Your words provided some comfort as to the hospital stay and your encounter with great nurses. I will be going in to be admitted for my first round of chemo in a couple of hours and my stomach is in knots. I will update once things get started. I'm thankful for this discussion board and all of the individuals who have shared their stories. It helps to ease a few of my worries at times.

Tiffany

Thinking of you today

Hi Tiffany, I read your post last nite but was too tired to post.  I hope all goes well today and that we get a good report from you.  We know how scary the first time is, but as Roquie said, you no doubt will have very good and reassuring care.  We welcome you to the forum.  This is a place you can share your thoughts and emotions good and bad.  We have all been there.  Becky

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Welcome Tiffany

Hope things have gone well today.  I'm over three years in remission now ( less than 2 years 'til "cured").  Treatment is very doable but it is scary at first.  You will get the hang of it and it will be more routine soon.  Please know you are not alone and very welcome here.  If you're been reading the posts, you know I have a sense of humor which is valuable in fighting this - along with a positive attitude. 

Big hugs,

Jim

• MrsTiffBJones
    MrsTiffBJones Member Posts: 3
    jimwins said:

Welcome Tiffany

Hope things have gone well today.  I'm over three years in remission now ( less than 2 years 'til "cured").  Treatment is very doable but it is scary at first.  You will get the hang of it and it will be more routine soon.  Please know you are not alone and very welcome here.  If you're been reading the posts, you know I have a sense of humor which is valuable in fighting this - along with a positive attitude. 

Big hugs,

Jim

Thanks guys

Thank you both Becky and Jim for the warm welcome! Jim, yes I have read and laughed at your occasional jokes. Laughter is always good. I have officially started chemo and my nerves have calmed down a little since earlier. Seems as if now I'm sitting and waiting for the side effects to present themselves. Trying not to drive myself crazy. Thanks a bunch!

Tiffany