Received word last night from primary care doc that "Scans were all fine"

Chris Ptown
Chris Ptown Member Posts: 116

So after two days of incredible stress, especially yesterday not hearing back from the doctor who ordered the CT Scans, I got an email last night from my primary care doctor in Provincetown that the "Scans were all fine and Happy Halloween"  All I can say is that waiting to hear back about scans is pretty horrible.

Again, I would just like to thank ALL OF YOU on this message board for your continued support and internet love when it comes to helping me, giving me information and trying to make me feel better.  The folks who I met on here over three years ago when I was first diagnosed and the new people too, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I have to confess that I really only come back here once in a blue moon to see how you are all doing and to also ask questions.  I apologize for that but sometimes I just want to try and forget about that f***ing cancer!  I hate it so much!  It took my mum who was my best friend in the whole world!  If her doctor weren't OLD and had been with it realizing that someone over the age of 70, she was 79, who smoked at one time (she quit smoking in 1975) NEEDS A CT SCAN then she would be alive today!  She had a constant cough that I kept telling her to get checked out for two years prior to her terminal diagnosis and she kept saying "Yes I will tell the doctor."  All doctors should order CT Scans for anyone over 50 if they smoked in their lives.  I realize that insurance companies play a big part in this but still, you have to MANAGE YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE sometimes!  Sorry to preach on the soap box my friends I just miss my mum so much and it makes me so sad every time I think that she could have been saved.

Sorry to go on and on.  Have a good Thanksgiving all and, if I don't speak with you before, have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy EVERYTHING!

XXOO

Chris

Comments

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Scanxiety

Yep! It's a tough time waiting for results, but hey! It's all good now & time for you to move forward again. 

I am really sorry about your Mum. I don't think I have the words to comfort you in your loss, but I understand why you would be so frustrated by the lack of timely investigations that may have helped herfight cancer. 

Wishing you all you wish yourself

Liz

• GoodDog2
    GoodDog2 Member Posts: 22 Member
    Yay!

Yay! A victory for all of us.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Chris

I am so happy that you got your scan results and that everything is fine!  I know what a worry it is to not hear and it's very easy to think that no news is bad news.  Thank goodness you have this behind you now and will be able to move forward once again.

As a 6+ year survivor of anal cancer, I would like to say that you should NOT feel guilty about not coming here to follow the rest of us.  I certainly understand wanting to just forget this whole experience and I often think I would like to do the same--move away from the sites and put it all behind me.  I'm not there yet, but I'm going to give it a try one of these days. 

As for your mom's situation prior to her passing, I can also relate to that.  My mom is turning 90 in a couple of weeks and she has been going to the same doctor for quite a few years now.  IMO, he is neither great nor terrible, just average.  However, she thinks he's great and I cannot say anything bad about him or she goes to his defense.  I think that is a common thing with elderly people or those who have put their faith into a doctor they've had a long relationship with.  Change is hard, especially as we get older.  They don't want to believe that their doctors make bad calls or don't know everything.  I'm sorry that you lost your mom--it sounds like you two had a very special relationship.

I wish you all the very best in the next phase of your life and I do hope you will stop in here from time to time just to let us know how things are going for you.  You have been such a pleasure to know and I hope we will not lose contact with you.  Take care, stay well and best wishes in all of your pursuits!

Martha

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Wonderful!

Hooray for your scan results! Whew! Please don't let the regular follow-ups slide now that you are on top of everything. Remember, if it's HPV you have, it never goes away.

Moving is so exhausting. I hope it all goes well. I seem to remember that you will be within a commute into NYC? I would find it extremely hard to move away from Provincetown if I lived there, or Wellfleet where I usually stay, but you will be closer to major cancer treatment sites like Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan, currently #1 in the USA. Traveling from Ptown into Boston is a real trek. And the ferry doesn't go in the right direction in the AM and PM.

In addition, it never matters how long your beloved ones live, it's never long enough. So many times through the cancer treatment ordeal, I, too, wished my mother was still alive. There are just times when we really need a Mommy to embrace us.

All the best to you!

• Adam26
    Adam26 Member Posts: 125
    Congratulations to you!

Congratulations to you!

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Chris

Great news on your scan!  I wish you continued great news.  Laughing Lori

• AbrahamHill
    AbrahamHill Member Posts: 1
    Congrats bro! That's like