Done with Radiation

Options
Puffin2014
Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member

I had my last radiation treatment today and rang the bell. I'm Done! Skin is holding up pretty well, just a little pink. Breast hurts but not bad enough to even need ibuprofen. Check out Expressions Gallery for photo with bell.

Comments

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Another milestone reached is always exciting.

• lucascy
    lucascy Member Posts: 17
    Options

Congrats!

Another milestone reached is always exciting.

So happy for you!

You are so lucky that your skin didn't get burned.  I really was burned although it wasn't unbearable.  I just kept the Aquaphor and plenty of ice packs handy.  I was so happy to be finished with the daily treks, via subway and walking, to the hospita, that I felt like jumping for joy.  I know you must be feeling the same way.  

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Done with radiation!

Whoo Hoo!  Congrats!  I remember ringing the bell after chemo and radiation!  It makes you feel wonderful!

Best, 

Sharon

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    cati0314 said:

Done with radiation!

Whoo Hoo!  Congrats!  I remember ringing the bell after chemo and radiation!  It makes you feel wonderful!

Best, 

Sharon

Congratulations

Really a big step.

Time to celebrate and have a rest.

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SO HAPPY, HAPPY, AND HAPPY FOR YOU

Puffin, I am so happy for you to have chemo and rads over. You have been a great inspirition to alot of people including me.

• Pixie Dust
    Options

Puffin, I am so happy for you to have chemo and rads over. You have been a great inspirition to alot of people including me.

• Pixie Dust
    Options

• Pixie Dust
    Options
    Laptop is all screwed up

Puff, sorry about all the repeats on this post but having trouble with laptop, I can tell you for sure I did mean all of them. LOLSmile

• WildernessGirl
    WildernessGirl Member Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Puffin! 

So happy for you Puffin!  That was such a happy day for me too.  It's been about 2 months since my last treatment.  I am so so happy it's over  So happy for you too!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Great....so happy to

Great....so happy to hear..

out of all the things I went through the ONLY date I remember if the ending date of radiation.

YIPPPEEE whoot whoot...

Denise

• bonbondidit
    bonbondidit Member Posts: 116
    Options
    Done with radiation

Super happy for you Puffin. You started your chemo just a few weeks before me so I've been following your journey. Gives me inspiration!! Congrats!!