New Swelling One Year Later

Hello-

I am new here.  I was diagnosed with stage 1 invasive LCIS in my left breast and stage 1 invasive DCIS in my right breast in June 2013.  Had lumpectomy done on both sides that Sept followed up by surgery to remove 3 nodes on each side a month later in Oct 2013.  I finished up my radiation treatement in March of this year.

I have been very lucky to date as I have healed quickly and without any lingering side effects. No visible changes to either of my breasts in size or looks other than the scars.

My question is that I noticed about three weeks ago (about 13 months post lumpectomy) that my left breast has become swollen very sore.  It is noticably larger and heavier than my right breast now.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?  I have not made an appointment with the doctor yet, as I tend to the the complete opposite to someone who over reacts and likes to research before heading into the doctor.  Just trying to decide if I should be concerned at all.

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Call your surgeon right away.

Call your surgeon right away. Don't wait till your next appointment. Not panicking is a good trait, but you shouldn't ignore symptoms either. Listen to your body and get it checked out!! Best of luck, Anna

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I would call and make ann

I would call and make ann appt..I had first lumpectomy 6 yrs ago and 2nd one same side 2 years ago-still tender to this day if I get bumped etc. NO swelling or soreness. I would just have it checked out-

Denise

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155

I would call and make ann

I would call and make ann appt..I had first lumpectomy 6 yrs ago and 2nd one same side 2 years ago-still tender to this day if I get bumped etc. NO swelling or soreness. I would just have it checked out-

Denise

Make the call and get it

Make the call and get it checked out

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Swelling...

From my experience the swelling may be just scar tissue moving around....but the soreness should be checked out and I do hope you will call your doctor............how often are you scheduled for followup now?   I had to do chemo and radiation so not sure if it is just radiation ....  but of course we are all so different.   Love and Prayers....  Glo