Itching

Options
Sonja.K
Sonja.K Member Posts: 79 Member

It feels great to have more radiation sessions behind me (17) then in front of me (13)!  :)

It is going ok, mouth and throat sores but manageable with all the great advice from the CSN.   I don't know if I missed it on the discussion boards but has anyone else experienced itching on the radiation sites?  My neck and ears itch so much.  I have lotion from my doc (Vanicream and Aquaphor) but they do nothing to help control the itching.  I'm afraid I'm going to scratch myself in my sleep.  I thought I'd check here before I talk to my doc.  Thank You

~Sonja

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Yes

I remember that my scalp itched throughout treatment.  You might ask if you can take Benadryl, at least at bedtime.

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Yes

I remember that my scalp itched throughout treatment.  You might ask if you can take Benadryl, at least at bedtime.

No

I don't recall itching. I also had vanicream and aquaphor. I did get Benadryl with my chemo. That maybe a solution if doctor agrees. Good luck

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    aloe vera

If you can get some raw aloe vera give it a try, none of the creams worked for me. I would just cut the leaf and rub it in on my skin but first try it on your hand to make sure you are not allergic to it

Tim Hondo

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    sonja, how wonderful that you

sonja, how wonderful that you have so many tx down and fewer to go!!!  you will be done before you know it and we will all be doing the happy dance with you when you ring that bell.  as for the itching, it has been too long for me (5 years) so i don't remember if i itched or not.  I know that itching can drive a person in said though, so I'm praying your itching goes away.  let us know if and how you get rid of the itch.  congrats on being more than half way through!  

God bless you,

dj