Sigmoid-ouch!-scopy

Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
edited October 2014 in Anal Cancer #1

I had a sigmoidoscopy with biopsies on October 10th & saw the colo-rectal MD today. The mild dysplasia is graded as an AIN-1 (low grade anal intraepithelial neoplasia). No treatment, re-scope & biopsy in 3 months. (Doc says, "Low grade dysplasias rarely become cancerous.") http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003083-pdf.pdf , page 6.

I asked about rectal stenosis and he went "Eeaah, not much."

For the parakeratosis (intra-anal skin that is so dry that it cracks and fissures), I'm supposed to use A & D Ointment or Desitin in there. The anal site that causes so much pain is scar tissue with an associated fissure. He prescribed Nifedipine which I have to get it from a compunding pharmacist. Otherwise, my innards as far as the 'scope goes looked good. A biopsy taken from the site of the original cancerous lesion shows no malignacy.

Next, a colonoscopy tomorrow, then sometime after that, a colposcopy for abnormal cervcal cells, then the next 3 month sigmoid scoping, then......It seems like people are standing in line to cause me pain!!!

Comments

• AZedj
    AZedj Member Posts: 20 Member
    I am having simular problems

I am having simular problems and was prescribed the nifedapime cream also along with many other things. I got the cream at the CVS pharmacy. They did have to order it. I worked good but the trick was in how far in I put it.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Ouch

I've had off and on issues with my skin cracking, but have never had a fissure.  I hope the cream will help your issues.  May your scope and biopsy in 3 months show that the dysplasia is either stable or has resolved.  That's great news that the biopsy from your tumor site came back clean.  May your colonoscopy and colposcopy both show no significant findings.  Please let us know how things go. 

Martha

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    mp327 said:

Ouch

I've had off and on issues with my skin cracking, but have never had a fissure.  I hope the cream will help your issues.  May your scope and biopsy in 3 months show that the dysplasia is either stable or has resolved.  That's great news that the biopsy from your tumor site came back clean.  May your colonoscopy and colposcopy both show no significant findings.  Please let us know how things go. 

Martha

As it turns out, I didn't

As it turns out, I didn't need a colonoscopy at all. Only you don't know that until the scope has made the round trip .^_^.

Not a single thing was wrong. Not a single bit of tissue needed collecting.  It wasn't nearly as painful as the sigmoidoscopy. It wasn't even as bad as the "Suprep" stuff I had to take beforehand (nausea, wretching, and an excoriated bumper). It didn't even hurt as much as the garden hose the nurse shoved into my poor, innocent arm vein!

Whew!

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

As it turns out, I didn't

As it turns out, I didn't need a colonoscopy at all. Only you don't know that until the scope has made the round trip .^_^.

Not a single thing was wrong. Not a single bit of tissue needed collecting.  It wasn't nearly as painful as the sigmoidoscopy. It wasn't even as bad as the "Suprep" stuff I had to take beforehand (nausea, wretching, and an excoriated bumper). It didn't even hurt as much as the garden hose the nurse shoved into my poor, innocent arm vein!

Whew!

Ouch

Yay!  Great news!