Doris - How are you doing dear Sister in PINK?

Options
VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Worried about you -  Please check in with an update when possible, okay?

Vicki Sam

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Hi Doris

Hi Doris,

I have been thinking about you, how are yu doing? have you finished radiation yet? I hope your pain is under control by now and you can enjoy fall colors.

Hugs 

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Thank you for checkin with me

I have had quite a time on Gemzar though it is suppose to be an easy chemo.  The first try I was sick all week.  Nausea, vomiting. fever and etc.  CBC's tanked.

They lowered the chemo, gave me different nausea drugs and then a prescription to take home.  Mostly fatigue is my big problem along with worrying about my mother who is now 90, paralyzed all over (having had another stroke).  No one should be allowed to live this way.  Her Alzheimer is worst so when my sister can put her on the cell phone all she say's to me is "hi".  My sister had knee surgery this summer doing all right until she fell on her knee getting our of bed.  So I worry about her too.

I do try to read the messages daily but to tired to reply most of the time.

Hugs to you, Vicki Sam,

Doris

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

Hi Doris

Hi Doris,

I have been thinking about you, how are yu doing? have you finished radiation yet? I hope your pain is under control by now and you can enjoy fall colors.

Hugs 

To New Flower...

I was unable to have radiation to the fracture.  The radiologist oncologist told me back in 1999 I was radiated there and no way was he going to do the area again.  

So I have lots of pain if I move that arm.  Lymphedema, full thickness tear in the supaspinatus tendon, mets in the scapula and in another shoulder bone and the fracture.

Have you started Afinitor yet?

Hugs to you,

Doris

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Thank you for checkin with me

I have had quite a time on Gemzar though it is suppose to be an easy chemo.  The first try I was sick all week.  Nausea, vomiting. fever and etc.  CBC's tanked.

They lowered the chemo, gave me different nausea drugs and then a prescription to take home.  Mostly fatigue is my big problem along with worrying about my mother who is now 90, paralyzed all over (having had another stroke).  No one should be allowed to live this way.  Her Alzheimer is worst so when my sister can put her on the cell phone all she say's to me is "hi".  My sister had knee surgery this summer doing all right until she fell on her knee getting our of bed.  So I worry about her too.

I do try to read the messages daily but to tired to reply most of the time.

Hugs to you, Vicki Sam,

Doris

Gosh, Doris...

There's way too much going on for you.

Take good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

• New Flower
    Options

Gosh, Doris...

There's way too much going on for you.

Take good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

Hi Doris I am very sorry

Doris,

I am very sorry for your pain. You and your family have been dealing with too much. I hop you take medications to control pain, i understand that pain can be very depressing and make you sad.

As far as CBC  please ask you oncologist if he is ok with you taking supplements and vitamins to boost it. I am taking folic acid + vitamin B complex and Zn from vegetable sources and algae.

I started Afinitor on October 1, was on 10 mg daily with Aromasin for 10 days, then hold on Afinitor for about 10 days due to severe stomatitis.i resumed the drug at reduced dose of 5 mg. Thanks for your comment about 5 mg, because I have been having doubts if reduced dose efficacious enought for me. I saw orthopedic surgeon who suggested to use  cane. Next week i am going to see radiation oncologist to treat some of my new lesions for pain management (we cannot do the all)

The good news are coming from Pfizer. They submitted applications for CDK 4/6 palbociclib drug and expect to recieve approval in April. Lets hope we will use this promising drug in near future

http://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer_announces_fda_acceptance_of_palbociclib_new_drug_application_with_priority_review

Hugs

• New Flower
    Options

Hi Doris I am very sorry

Doris,

I am very sorry for your pain. You and your family have been dealing with too much. I hop you take medications to control pain, i understand that pain can be very depressing and make you sad.

As far as CBC  please ask you oncologist if he is ok with you taking supplements and vitamins to boost it. I am taking folic acid + vitamin B complex and Zn from vegetable sources and algae.

I started Afinitor on October 1, was on 10 mg daily with Aromasin for 10 days, then hold on Afinitor for about 10 days due to severe stomatitis.i resumed the drug at reduced dose of 5 mg. Thanks for your comment about 5 mg, because I have been having doubts if reduced dose efficacious enought for me. I saw orthopedic surgeon who suggested to use  cane. Next week i am going to see radiation oncologist to treat some of my new lesions for pain management (we cannot do the all)

The good news are coming from Pfizer. They submitted applications for CDK 4/6 palbociclib drug and expect to recieve approval in April. Lets hope we will use this promising drug in near future

http://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer_announces_fda_acceptance_of_palbociclib_new_drug_application_with_priority_review

Hugs

Night sleeve option for Lymphedema

Doris,

forgot to mention a night sleeve for lymphedema. Let me know I will send you infor,

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Night sleeve option for Lymphedema

Doris,

forgot to mention a night sleeve for lymphedema. Let me know I will send you infor,

Dang.

So sorry to hear of your continued pain, Doris.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Dang.

So sorry to hear of your continued pain, Doris.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne

Doris --

Not only are you dealing with so many issues regarding your own 'health',  you have the emotional issues of Mom and your sister.  I am truly sorry - I can NOT imagine the daily struggle you are enduring.

Yes, you are correct - 90 year old loved one suffering due to age, health conditions and now a stroke. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers to your sister, and precious mom.

I wish for better Health for you, and pray for emotional peace.

Vicki Sam

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Doris --

Not only are you dealing with so many issues regarding your own 'health',  you have the emotional issues of Mom and your sister.  I am truly sorry - I can NOT imagine the daily struggle you are enduring.

Yes, you are correct - 90 year old loved one suffering due to age, health conditions and now a stroke. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers to your sister, and precious mom.

I wish for better Health for you, and pray for emotional peace.

Vicki Sam

Sending good thoughts

Hoping for better days:)

xoxo

Victoria