Day 4 of RapidArc radiation for low grade parotid gland mucoepidermoid carcinoma...still very anxio

Options
2»

Comments

• Sailor123
    Sailor123 Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Moki said:

Thanks Estelle
    yes, I feel

Thanks Estelle

yes, I feel the love and the true caring. Glad I joined.

Positive Attitude

Hi Monica:

Good luck with your treatment.  Your positive attitude and love for exersize will serve you throughout this journey.  I was struck when you said you always take care of your family before yourself.  That may change for a while.  I'm sure they will be happy to return the favor.

Allow yourself to rest, because your going to need it.  I too felt claustraphobic.  The radiation and mask were my worst enemy.  Just count one day at a time.  It is so nice when your finished and you don't have to go there everyday.  It will happen.  I had a lot of anxiety and worried about side effects to.  For me it helped to take xanax to get through the radiation.  I actually had to take it.  Additionally, I can tell you that while I do have side effects from the radiation, they are manageable and continue to get better.

I also am a runner and found I had to give it up for a while.  Hopefully that wont happen to you.  I kept trying to maintain my normal self and finally had to accept that there were just a few months where I was really weak and couldn't do what I once did.  You will bounce back.  I'm six months post treatment and am just now getting my sea legs.  Running is still on the horizon for me though i'm happy to take a nice walk for now.

Shirley

• Slimsally
    Slimsally Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Moki said:

Hello. I just saw this email

Hello. I just saw this email about the starting day. I know it is difficult, but try not to think too much about your radiation. I think I researched too much and I was so scared that my week 1 was bad because I was too nervous and my body was in a rejection mode. As I relaxed a bit, I felt better. I am still worried, but I try to manage my anxiety with exercising and living a normal life. Get distracted, meditate, breathing exercise, whatever help you to relax, do it. I used to put myself last in the family, but now I am taking the time I need for myself. My kids and husband got adjusted pretty quickly to the new me and they love me as much as the loved me before, if not more.

Let me know if you need anything, I am here to help.

Starting radiotherapy

Hi thanks for your reply this is my second run in with cancer breast cancer 2008 in remission.

Would be great to herehow your doing as it would appear we are possibly getting the same amount of radiationa daily and possibly a similar field. I'm in the uk so getting imrtGouging to get some medication from my GP as the mask is awful. Logically know that if I don't have it something could till be there. Just so hard going through all this againdon connection to the breast cancer just veryunlucky x

• Slimsally
    Slimsally Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Moki said:

Hello. I just saw this email

Hello. I just saw this email about the starting day. I know it is difficult, but try not to think too much about your radiation. I think I researched too much and I was so scared that my week 1 was bad because I was too nervous and my body was in a rejection mode. As I relaxed a bit, I felt better. I am still worried, but I try to manage my anxiety with exercising and living a normal life. Get distracted, meditate, breathing exercise, whatever help you to relax, do it. I used to put myself last in the family, but now I am taking the time I need for myself. My kids and husband got adjusted pretty quickly to the new me and they love me as much as the loved me before, if not more.

Let me know if you need anything, I am here to help.

Fried request

Hi

How do I go about requesting you as afriends ?

• Moki
    Moki Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Slimsally said:

Fried request

Hi

How do I go about requesting you as afriends ?

I just did. You should

I just did. You should receive a friend request from me Laughing

• tjheron
    tjheron Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Slimsally said:

Same have acc

Hello how's the radiotherapy going have you it in the paritod gland ?

So far so good.  Seventeen

So far so good.  Seventeen down.  I feel lucky because I feel quite normal other than being tired.  After the weekend break I almost feel as if I'm not going through treatment.  How's your going?

• Moki
    Moki Member Posts: 53
    Options
    tjheron said:

So far so good.  Seventeen

So far so good.  Seventeen down.  I feel lucky because I feel quite normal other than being tired.  After the weekend break I almost feel as if I'm not going through treatment.  How's your going?

So happy for you!
    So far the

So happy for you!

So far the only thing which is bothering me is fluid and the burn in my ear. I had surgery 2 month ago so my radiologist think it is due to the radiation hitting the site of the surgery. I also feel some burn at my hair line behind the ear where I get radiated. My radiologist said to expect hair loss there; hopefully not so much

My energy is back, no more nausea, my saliva is almost back to normal and the burn on my toungue and throat is gone. I pray to continue like this. And, I gained 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks. It is strange because I normally have hard time gaining weight and I lose pretty quickly. Do you think is it due to the L-Glutamine supplement?

• tjheron
    tjheron Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Moki said:

So happy for you!
    So far the

So happy for you!

So far the only thing which is bothering me is fluid and the burn in my ear. I had surgery 2 month ago so my radiologist think it is due to the radiation hitting the site of the surgery. I also feel some burn at my hair line behind the ear where I get radiated. My radiologist said to expect hair loss there; hopefully not so much

My energy is back, no more nausea, my saliva is almost back to normal and the burn on my toungue and throat is gone. I pray to continue like this. And, I gained 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks. It is strange because I normally have hard time gaining weight and I lose pretty quickly. Do you think is it due to the L-Glutamine supplement?

I think I gained weight

I think I gained weight simply from eating to much and not buring the calories off.  I'm giving the L-Glutamine credit for keeping the mouth and throat healthy.  What has made a BIG difference for me so far is the weekends off.  I almost feel back to normal after the weekends....except the loss of taste.  By next Friday I'll have 21 completed.  I'm thinking if I can make it that far with minimal side effects I should be able to go the distance.  Good luck this week!