Arimidex side effects

iluvmykids
iluvmykids Member Posts: 49

Hello all.  Been off the boards for a long time, just busy with life!  I had been taking Tamoxifen for 2 years and after a long discussion with my onco doc, decided to switch to Arimidex.  I wasn't really having any intolerable side affects from the Tamox, but decided that the supposed side effects of Arimidex were less scary.

Anyway, I have been on it for about 8 months and began to experience pain in my right hip about 2 months in.  It never goes away, it just bothers me more when I am more active.  My Doc did an x-ray of the hip, said everything is normal, and also said the hip pain isn't really a side affect of the drug.  But I don' have any other explanation for it, so I was wondering what anyone here has experienced with Arimidex. 

Anything you can share with me would be great!  Find joy in your day!

Eileen

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Arimidex SE's

Joint pain is a very common side effect of Arimidex. I have been on it for 4 years. My feet, ankles, knees and hips hurt and are stiff. it's a trade off.

Arimidex is an AI, which can cause Arthralgia. My Onc just shrugs her shoulders when I complain.

Sue

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Arimidex SE's

Joint pain is a very common side effect of Arimidex. I have been on it for 4 years. My feet, ankles, knees and hips hurt and are stiff. it's a trade off.

Arimidex is an AI, which can cause Arthralgia. My Onc just shrugs her shoulders when I complain.

Sue

Minimal side effects

Hi,

I've been on Arimidex four years now and I appear to be one of the lucky ones with few side effects. The main one is hard to describe, but here goes, after being sedentary when I first get up I hobble. Example is when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I can barely walk, and it's not far, but on the way back the hobbling is gone. I notice things here and there that ache or hurt but go away and who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway -- it's not like I'm sliding backwards in age:) So I just take my Arimidex and hope hope hope it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. 

Hoping the best for you.

xoxo

Victoria

• iluvmykids
    sbmly53 said:

Arimidex SE's

Sue

One of the reasons I asked is

One of the reasons I asked is because my onco doc didn't say it was a side effect.  I guess it helps to know that it is and so hoping that it will go away when I quit taking it?  It looks like it may be a consideration of going back to Tamoxifen, I didn' thave many issues with it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• iluvmykids
    aisling8 said:

Minimal side effects

Hi,

I've been on Arimidex four years now and I appear to be one of the lucky ones with few side effects. The main one is hard to describe, but here goes, after being sedentary when I first get up I hobble. Example is when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I can barely walk, and it's not far, but on the way back the hobbling is gone. I notice things here and there that ache or hurt but go away and who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway -- it's not like I'm sliding backwards in age:) So I just take my Arimidex and hope hope hope it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. 

Hoping the best for you.

xoxo

Victoria

Victoria,
    I experience

Victoria,

I experience EXACTLY the same thing, I am like an 80 yo getting out of her chair, if I've been sitting very long.  The doctor says that is a normal (if anything is normal) side effect.

Thanks for sharing, wishing you the best too!

• Hilly11
    Hilly11 Member Posts: 1
    Arimadex

I was on arimadex for 8 years with no side effects, normal aches and pains associated with getting older, but no side effects at all