Looking for information from experience

meriayn
meriayn Member Posts: 1

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in early July, and then from the pre-surgical MRI we found multifocal Invasive Lobular Carcinoma.  So, I just had bilateral simple mastectomy on October 2nd, with auxiliary lymph node disection.  Thankfully, my lymph nodes were clear, but the margin of one of the tumors was not.  My surgeon is going to defer to the oncologist as far the next steps, but I'd really like to know what those next steps might be.  I am waiting to get in to the oncologist, but I like to go in prepared.  In your experience do you think they'll recommend chemo, radiation, more sugery, or a combination with an outcome like that.  I can't seem to find anyone in my situation, but I'm sure someone is out there.  I'd appreciate any experiential information.

Meri

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Sorry for what you are going

Sorry for what you are going through-I have never has chemo (radiaion only) and surgery. I had DCIS-no nodes

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Sorry for what you are going

Sorry for what you are going through-I have never has chemo (radiaion only) and surgery. I had DCIS-no nodes

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    mastectomy without clear margins

Hi Meri,

Sorry to hear this. I have had nastectomy withot clear margins. My breast surgeon suggested to come back to have re-excision to obtain clea mrigins. I did and am very happt about it. Since I had positive lyph nodes in addition tomastectomy I have had Chemo and radiation to the area. You can always get a second opinion from another surgeoun. Medical oncologist will help you to make a right decision for you.

Good luck and please keep us posted