Major milestone this week

Hard12Find
Hard12Find Member Posts: 217 Member

Major milestone this week, 1 1/2 years post treatment, and was able to eat a cheeseburger deluxe with a milk chaser, no pickles, mustard, or mayo, easy on the katsup, but boy did it taste great, ate one every day this week...almost guilty for posting this....but everyone needs to know there is life after cancer.......

Jim

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    tasty post

Jim,

Congratulations on a H&N milestone.  How sweet it is!

I indulged in hamburger nirvana tonight too.

Matt

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    YEAAAHHHH!!!

Cheeseburgers deluxe.....my old time standby favorite!  I've eaten them since treatment ended, but alas....they ain't what they used to be....(I do the pickles tho Smile ).  Congrats!!

p

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    YEA FOOD!

Congratulations Jim, it is fantastic that you are able to eat again!  Keep on rock'in those burgers and more, and Keep It Mov'in Forward!

PATRICK 

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    congrats Jim!!  i have to say

congrats Jim!!  i have to say I couldn't wait until i could eat a chsbrgur delux and when I did, I was in heaven and it is still my favorite thing to eat.  I'm so happy for you, i remember the excitment I felt so i truly understand yours.  Eat on, friend!!

God bless you,

dj

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Major milestone..............

Glad to hear that, and I bet it WAS good. Small steps and major milestones to us, what we used to just take for granted. Oh how things change with the "New Normal". May your tomorrows be even better.

Bill

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    agreed !

There is life after cancer !  Happy and now hungry after reading your post !  Lol,  Katie

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    My first meal

when I'm able will be fish and chips I can't walk past the fish and chip shop without longing for some.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member

My first meal

when I'm able will be fish and chips I can't walk past the fish and chip shop without longing for some.

i can't wait to celebrate

i can't wait to celebrate that day with you JF!!!

dj

• My first meal

Cheeeeeeseburger! Fish n

Cheeeeeeseburger! Fish n Chips!!! OMG Laughing

• Sonja.K
    Sonja.K Member Posts: 79 Member
    Estelle_H said:

Cheeeeeeseburger! Fish n

Cheeeeeeseburger! Fish n Chips!!! OMG Laughing

Cheeseburger!

My last cheeseburger was 7/6/14.  I am waiting for the day to bite into one.  Yay for you, wonderful to hear! 

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Jim

It only gets better. Instead of milk try that burger with a milk shake. I often go into 5 guys burgers and ask for a shake theyalways look at me funny and say they don't have them and I respond that they should.

Anyway, congrats on the milestone. Your dam right there is life after cancer and life is good.

Jeff