Good News - Still NED Over Three and a Half Years from Diagnosis of UPSC!

cheerful
cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to e-mail to share my good news.  I just saw my oncologist this morning and I received good news.  My exam went very well and I am still with NO Evidence of Disease.

I was diagnosed with UPSC - Clinically Stage 1 in February of 2011.  I went through the standard six rounds of carboplatin/taxol and 3 rounds of brachytherapy.  

I go for a cat scan once a year and I will schedule it in late March of 2015.  I am going to go for my CA 125 in November. My last blood test of CA 125 was No. 7 done at the very end of May.  I also had a breast exam and that turned out well also.  

This is very good news.   I am eating well, have lost a couple of pounds as I am doing more walking am really busy with driving my son to and from college every day and am enjoying life.  I count each day as a blessing and I am so grateful to still be living.  

For all the newbies out there that were recently diagnosed with UPSC, this should give you a lot of hope and encouragement for the future.  If I can offer any of you newbies advice, change your eating habits and eat healthier. Give up fried foods, have peanuts and eat healthier and limit yourself with meats especially red meats for dinner.  

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    congrats!

congrats!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member

congrats!

congrats!

Ditto

Great news

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Congratulations!

Congratulations!  That's the news we all love to hear.  Long may your dance with NED continue. 

Kindest wishes
    Helen

• brenda8712
    brenda8712 Member Posts: 1
    great news!  I am just a few

great news!  I am just a few months in to the journey, and loved seeing this! About to start chemo, and trying to stay positive!!

• Stabler
    Stabler Member Posts: 51
    Congrats!  That's great news.

Congrats!  That's great news. Smile

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member

great news!  I am just a few months in to the journey, and loved seeing this! About to start chemo, and trying to stay positive!!

Welcome, Brenda

Sorry to meet under these circumstances but I will look forward to getting to know you.  Glad you found us.  This site has made all the difference for me.  I can't imagine not having this support team and being able to pass it on.

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Wonderful news and a Welcome

Great news on NED for three and half years.  Love to read that.

Welcome Brenda.  I love this group.  These women are very caring and very knowledgable.  I'm 9 months NED from UPSC.

Jeanette

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Jane so happy to hear from you

3 1/2 years is definitely something to celebrate.  May you continue a very long dance with NED.  Good advice for the newbies.  Continue to enjoy each day.  Continue to be Cheerful.

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member

Brenda welcome to this site

i am so sorry you have to join us though.   Good luck with your chemo.  Come back with any questions you may havE.  Keeping a positive attitude is very important.  You might want to start a new thread and tell us more about you.  There are many ladies who can help answer questions.  Feel free to come and vent your feelings.  We can certainly understand how you might be feeling.  In peace and caring.

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Hi Everyone:

Thanks to all of you who responded to my being with No evidence of Disease for 3 1/2 years and I really appreciate your wishes and congrats.

Also, Ro, I wish you all the best with your journey.  Keep your positive attitude and enjoy traveling.  I know you have been through so much with UPSC reoccurrences and chemo.  My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    cheerful said:

Hi Everyone:

Thanks to all of you who responded to my being with No evidence of Disease for 3 1/2 years and I really appreciate your wishes and congrats.

Also, Ro, I wish you all the best with your journey.  Keep your positive attitude and enjoy traveling.  I know you have been through so much with UPSC reoccurrences and chemo.  My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

Atta girl!

Congratulations.  May you continue NED>

Suzanne

• sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member

Atta girl!

Congratulations.  May you continue NED>

Suzanne

Congratulations Jane!
    I'm

Congratulations Jane!

I'm right behind you having been diagnosed with UPSC in June 2011. I, too, remain NED. 

It seems to get easier the further you get from your diagnosis. 

I pray you, and all the other Nedda's remain that way for a very long time! 

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Congratulations !

That's what we like to hear !    Dancing with you Jane!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Kaleena said:

Congratulations !

That's what we like to hear !    Dancing with you Jane!

Great news, Jane and welcome Brenda

That is great news, Jane!   I think you can say that UPSC is most likely behind you, and that pleases me to hear.  Brenda, welcome to our group.  The ladies here are wonderfully informative and supportive.  I hope you do well with your treatment.

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

• SettledSue
    SettledSue Member Posts: 55 Member
    Wonderful news

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you.  Sue