New Baby Cures All

Comments

• Shell_7801
    Shell_7801 Member Posts: 71
    New Baby Cures All

My grand daughter has arrived and rallied my spirit!!  My radiation and chemo are coming along as expected; sick, tired, and depressed.  Then along came Aubrey and seeing her gives me strength and such happiness again.  And to top it off we are now relocated permanently to MI in a house only 2 doors down from our daughter.  Live is good.  Cancer is taking a back seat where it belongs.

27 radiation treatments and 6 chemo treatments left....arghh

Michelle

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Wonderful:)congratulations
    th

Wonderful:)congratulations

the baby is adorable:::)))) God bless her and bless ur daughter. It must be a supper happy moment holding this baby:) I think this baby will be your power through ur treatments ..its almost done, hang in there.

sending u hugs.

Goyca ;)

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428

New Baby Cures All

My grand daughter has arrived and rallied my spirit!!  My radiation and chemo are coming along as expected; sick, tired, and depressed.  Then along came Aubrey and seeing her gives me strength and such happiness again.  And to top it off we are now relocated permanently to MI in a house only 2 doors down from our daughter.  Live is good.  Cancer is taking a back seat where it belongs.

Michelle

Congrats!

Congratulations on the Baby!  I have one of those also - and she is almost 3 - what a delight. 

You'll get through this treatment before you know it.  Keep drinking!

Lorna 2007 & 2014

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

new way to uplift oneself

How wonderful. Coudn't be a better way to uplift your spirits. You can stay as occupied as you want doting over the new addition. And what a gift to be so close to relatives. Enjoy.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Grandchildren

I am so happy for you; I am up to six grandchildren and love every one of them. I find sometime I am getting down on the floor and enjoying their world of little things.

God Bless

Tim Hondo

• granmudder
    granmudder Member Posts: 41 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful name too :)  .... Bless you and your family !

• edbravo
    edbravo Member Posts: 63

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Congrats, and i am sure they

Congrats, and i am sure they baby will bring you joy and happiness.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful name too :)  .... Bless you and your family !

Inspiration

A little gift to help you push in....

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Congratulations grandma

life goes on isn't it wonderful. I have become great grandma again to a little boy..Harrison Jay brother to Jasmine. I have another boy Ethan. My other grandaughter is expecting in April. I've been trying to download a picture of him but it doesn't come through. My grandaughter lives along the road so I have lots of cuddles and babysitting. It does take your mind off things. 

• jackflash22

Congratulations grandma

life goes on isn't it wonderful. I have become great grandma again to a little boy..Harrison Jay brother to Jasmine. I have another boy Ethan. My other grandaughter is expecting in April. I've been trying to download a picture of him but it doesn't come through. My grandaughter lives along the road so I have lots of cuddles and babysitting. It does take your mind off things. 

My new greatgrandson

My grandson in law with Harrison and jasmyn 

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Whoo Hooo.....

on the new babe.  Lucky you, getting to live two doors away from grandkids.....I'd LOVE that!!

p

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716

My new greatgrandson

My grandson in law with Harrison and jasmyn 

Great grandchildren....

WOW....you don't look like a great grandma!! :).....

p

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Wow, thats great

The timming was at just the best time for you. Your Granddaughter has boosted your spirits at a perfect time and what a beautiful name too.

• jackflash22

Great grandchildren....

WOW....you don't look like a great grandma!! :).....

p

Greatgrandma

thanks Phrannie...   I married at 17 had 3 kids by the time I was 21 and became a grandma at39. The photo was taken a couple of years before my cancer, I like to look at the way I used to look. I think I posted an up to date one of me 8 weeks past my op on a posting.

• Shell_7801
    Shell_7801 Member Posts: 71
    Guzzle said:

Inspiration

A little gift to help you push in....

To stay or not to stay

I guess I could of started a new thread but since I'm already here about the baby and how much she inspires me I wanted to once again tell all of you how much you too inspire me.

I don't know if I'll be as strong as you and stay here when my treatments are done.  I feel like at one point we were all on the Titanic and a group of really good people standing on the side lines pulled us all to safety.  Many continued on with their lives putting the awful Titanic far behind them.  And others found a balance between life after the Titanic and the people still stuck on the ship.  You're all here staying behind to help us that are sinking.

I hope my character proves me strong enough to stay but can see many good reasons to flee as well.

I trust all of you and want to help others after me so I'm pretty sure I'll be a permenant fixture.

Week 2 is done tomorrow and for anyone who is having weekly cisplatan it sure makes a world of differnce to get "flushed".  I feel better afterward and am going to get "flushed" again on Tuesday.  Still haven't lost any hair or developed painful sores but my honeymoon period is over this week.

Thank you for all you do,

Michelle

• Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Beautiful.

What a beautiful picture, and what a lucky little girl to have her Grandmother here to hold her for years to come. 

Prayers and Hugs ! 

Kritter 

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

BABY ENERGY

Hey Michelle,

Congratulations on the arrival of your grand daughter!  There's nothing like grandchildren to re-infuse us with the positive energy to get thruough the treatment gauntlet to the recovery side of the journey.  Hang in there, and keep It Mov'in Forward!

PATRICK 

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

Congratulations!!!
    Debbie

Congratulations!!!

Debbie

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member

New Baby Cures All

Michelle

shell, how beautiful and

shell, how beautiful and precious!  congrats.  what a wonderful reason to carry on and fight even harder.  it is also super that you live next door to your daughter.  life is good and i'm so glad that cancer is in the backseat where it needs to be.  heal on my friend!

God bless you,

dj

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Michelle

The grandkids helped me through my treatment. A brand spanking new one is a step up. While going through treatment, just think of all the pleasures you will enjoy afterwards. I look at the grandkids over the past (almost) 5 years since treatment ended and say it was all worth while. The yougest one at the time was almost 2 years old and she often looks at my battlescrares, smiles and gives me a hug. No words are needed.

Life is good

Jeff