Another Update and a Glimmer of Hope

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

Everyone's fear with my pancreatic mass has been that this is a new primary cancer.  It is rare for breast cancer to metastasize to the pancreas.  Primary pancreatic cancer has a poor prognosis (unless caught early) and is treated with higher doses of chemo.

Today, I received an email result from the gastroenterology group that my 9/19/14 pancreatic aspirate biopsy just came back HER2 FISH Positive.  I am thrilled that it is looking like "just" breast mets. 

I see my onc on Thursday and I believe he is planning kadcyla. 

I will let you all know after Thursday.

I love you all and I know I wouldn't be able to get through this without your support!!!!

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    "Just"

CC, it breaks my heart that we're doing the happy dance over "just breast mets"....but of course, we'll take the Most Treatable of Two Evils, and it's great news that you're feeling better, and ready for a fight, and will soon have a plan.

Big hug to you,

Traci

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    TraciInLA said:

"Just"

CC, it breaks my heart that we're doing the happy dance over "just breast mets"....but of course, we'll take the Most Treatable of Two Evils, and it's great news that you're feeling better, and ready for a fight, and will soon have a plan.

Big hug to you,

Traci

Glimmer

CC, I know you are going to take that glimmer and make it a beacon of light.  Still, I agree with Traci that I wish you didn't have to be happy for the less bad thing.  I hope you keep feeling better every day and that your renewed fighting instinct returns with a vengeance.  Go to it strong strong lady!

Clementine

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    YEAH FOR GLIMMERS!

Love to see your smiling face and to read of glimmers of hope!  Thank you my friend for keeping us updated you are a warrior Smile

extraordinaire .

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    RE said:

YEAH FOR GLIMMERS!

Love to see your smiling face and to read of glimmers of hope!  Thank you my friend for keeping us updated you are a warrior Smile

extraordinaire .

It's hard to be glad it is

It's hard to be glad it is "just" breast mets but glad it isn't a new primary.  I think that you are one awesome lady.  You face each new challenge with courage and humor and a strong I will beat this attitude.  I admire you so much.  You are in my heart and prayers. 

Stef

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    fauxma said:

It's hard to be glad it is

It's hard to be glad it is "just" breast mets but glad it isn't a new primary.  I think that you are one awesome lady.  You face each new challenge with courage and humor and a strong I will beat this attitude.  I admire you so much.  You are in my heart and prayers. 

Stef

~♥~

A "Glimmer of Hope" can be a beacon of light in a storm~

Praying, hoping and wishing wellness and rest~so very glad you are home and comfy with your own bed. 

~M

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Best possible outcome!

I can understand why you are happy. Your body has responded well to chemo thus far... It all sucks, but sometimes a sh***y dx that still allows HOPE, is a good dx. I hope your new chemo has very minimal se, and that you get your strength back quickly so you can get it started. You have determination like no other.
    ((( hugs and prayers )))
    Carol

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    camul said:

Best possible outcome!

I can understand why you are happy. Your body has responded well to chemo thus far... It all sucks, but sometimes a sh***y dx that still allows HOPE, is a good dx. I hope your new chemo has very minimal se, and that you get your strength back quickly so you can get it started. You have determination like no other.
    ((( hugs and prayers )))
    Carol

Hope, sweet hope

So important, hope. Glad you found it.

xoxo

Victoria

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    I am happy that it wasn't

I am happy that it wasn't pancreatic.   So relieved for you.

Doris

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Hi CC

Hi CC,

When is this cancer going to realize it cannot beat you?  Keep getting your strength back and kick its butt again!!! 

Hugs,

Ginny

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Josie21 said:

Hi CC

Hi CC,

When is this cancer going to realize it cannot beat you?  Keep getting your strength back and kick its butt again!!! 

Hugs,

Ginny

You are an inspiration!  Keep

You are an inspiration!  Keep fighting the good fight.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    hugs

hugs