I am home!

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

A late and kind of crazy late night discharge last night - home at 9:30 PM.  I am home on TPN/lipids/insulin - all via my port to strengthen me up for my upcoming battle.  I see the onc on Thursday and my biopsy should be back then.

I now have a fentanyl patch for pain that seems to be keeping me a bit more comfortable.  Still battling nausea and vomiting.

But I can't begin to describe how lovely it is to be home: in my own comfy bed, no vital signs and blood sugar checks every 3 hours, snuggling with both my dog and my hubbie, and I am able to venture out a bit in our lovely fall weather (62 degrees).  Home is truly heaven.  I just couldn't be happier this am.

I love you all!  And your kind words keep me going more than you will ever know!  Laughing

Comments

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Happy

Happy that you are home.   I agree you heal much better at home than anywhere!

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Lilly9 said:

Happy

Happy that you are home.   I agree you heal much better at home than anywhere!

happy you are home.  Good

happy you are home.  Good thoughts and prayers continue your way.

Stef

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Fantastic news

No place is better than home :) I hope you rest up and get stronger for your treatment!! Love, Anna

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Home Sweet Home

I am so happy you are home with your husband and dog.  There isn't anything like being in your own bed and to be able to sleep without interuption all night long.

I wear a fentanyl patch also.  Don't know how I would go on without one.

Sorry that you still have nausea and still vomiting.  Can they give you something to help?

Glad that you are back, Eileen.

Hugs,

Doris

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    SIROD said:

Home Sweet Home

I am so happy you are home with your husband and dog.  There isn't anything like being in your own bed and to be able to sleep without interuption all night long.

I wear a fentanyl patch also.  Don't know how I would go on without one.

Sorry that you still have nausea and still vomiting.  Can they give you something to help?

Glad that you are back, Eileen.

Hugs,

Doris

Doris, the docs and nurses

Doris, the docs and nurses have worked so hard to help with the nausea and vomiting.  N&V have always been my body's weak spot.  I have tons of zofran, phenergan, scopolamine patches and marinol.  So far, I have felt much better today and have kept down a ginger ale and a little soup and, believe it or not, that is the most I have even attempted in at least 2 weeks.  The fentanyl patch is here to stay, because I am just not managing with oral narcotics. 

I suspect I will do better at home, because I know my body better than anyone and I can take the appropriate med at the right time for me (and not have to wait 30 min for the nurse, etc.).   Also, nights were very hard in the hospital because I was on every 2 hr blood glucose checks (my blood glucose went up when mass showed up and, when they started TPN, it just went higher). 

I am so happy to be home that I am crying serious happy tears!

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member

Doris, the docs and nurses have worked so hard to help with the nausea and vomiting.  N&V have always been my body's weak spot.  I have tons of zofran, phenergan, scopolamine patches and marinol.  So far, I have felt much better today and have kept down a ginger ale and a little soup and, believe it or not, that is the most I have even attempted in at least 2 weeks.  The fentanyl patch is here to stay, because I am just not managing with oral narcotics. 

I suspect I will do better at home, because I know my body better than anyone and I can take the appropriate med at the right time for me (and not have to wait 30 min for the nurse, etc.).   Also, nights were very hard in the hospital because I was on every 2 hr blood glucose checks (my blood glucose went up when mass showed up and, when they started TPN, it just went higher). 

NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Glad you are home and that you atleast can get some rest at home than in the hospital with everyone running in and out of your room at any minute. I do hope that you can start eating to help build up your strength. Like I said before, you are a fighter and keep those boxing gloves on and get ready for what is ahead of you.   ((( HUGS )))   Pixie

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    welcome home

So good to hear you are home. Hope being home also helps with the eating, you can eat what and when you want, and I'd bet you have favorite things to eat at home that aren't available at the hospital. Hospitals don't have many soup options. And you can mix up some healthy delicious shakes to sip on.

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

welcome home

So good to hear you are home. Hope being home also helps with the eating, you can eat what and when you want, and I'd bet you have favorite things to eat at home that aren't available at the hospital. Hospitals don't have many soup options. And you can mix up some healthy delicious shakes to sip on.

Oh, yay

Home can be the best medicine sometimes. So glad you're back.

xoxo

Victoria

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    HOME is the best medicine in

HOME is the best medicine in many cases....

Denise

• mtmom
    mtmom Member Posts: 59
    Happy

So happy you are home. Are you doing better since you've been home a few days? Sleep is sooo much better. Hope you are getting stronger and feeling the love of home.

Blessings,

~Mtmom

• TechMama
    TechMama Member Posts: 28

Home Sweet Home

I am so glad you are home!!  Sorry for what you still have to go through, but home is such a great feeling, I am very happy for you.