Old posts - Fond memories & Shocking reality

Options
Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

i see an old post has been resurrected and the first three names are friends who have passed (and no doubt more, as some of the faces I didn't recognize). 

I smiled seeing their faces and reading their (and in ****'s case, Kathleen's) words. but it is indeed bitter sweet, knowing that we too may pass the baton one day, leaving our wisdom and names behind.

I am not opposed to seeing these good people pop up on the forum, though I know there are those who find it hard.  

Just musing.  

Sue - Trubrit

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Sue

Hugs and love to you Sue.

Aloha

Kathleen

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    School

In a way, I feel like an underclassman, leafing through old yearbooks and reading about past students' achievements and progress, knowing someday I will take my place among them...

Karin

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    yes

I don't mind seeing old friends again.  It touches a few memories, maybe I review a battle and find forgotten pearls.   

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on it.  I like

I just clicked on it.  I like reading old posts too.  Sometimes I go back and read mine from the beginning and realize how far I've come and remember how scared I was and that we have to keep on eating right and staying on top of things.  CherylHutch is on that post, I clicked on her name and got no link, did she pass too?  I hadn't realized.  Maybe she just disables her account.  She was very helpful to me many times.  There was such a large group when I came on, it's hard to keep track of everyone.

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Helen321 said:

I just clicked on it.  I like

I just clicked on it.  I like reading old posts too.  Sometimes I go back and read mine from the beginning and realize how far I've come and remember how scared I was and that we have to keep on eating right and staying on top of things.  CherylHutch is on that post, I clicked on her name and got no link, did she pass too?  I hadn't realized.  Maybe she just disables her account.  She was very helpful to me many times.  There was such a large group when I came on, it's hard to keep track of everyone.

Cheryl is long passed

It was very quick, she had all arrangements made, she died July 12, 2012, her little "Diva" (as she would refer to Bridget) puppy named Bridget passed away in August this year (she lived to be 19 years old). I do miss Cheryl Hutcherson great sense of humor.

Winter Marie

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Cheryl is long passed

It was very quick, she had all arrangements made, she died July 12, 2012, her little "Diva" (as she would refer to Bridget) puppy named Bridget passed away in August this year (she lived to be 19 years old). I do miss Cheryl Hutcherson great sense of humor.

Winter Marie

I have been

on these boards since nov 2001. I have seen so many pass over the years . Some were very private people and I knew very little about them . Some were so much larger than life but in a nice way( At least they always apologised when they overstepped the mark) I miss them all and some I find relly heartwrenching to see again. Mostly I don't look thru old posts. Ron.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Cheryl is long passed

Winter Marie

Oh wow, I'm so sad, that was

Oh wow, I'm so sad, that was right after my first surgery so I didn't realize.  I really liked her, she told me to not take cancer so seriously.  lol  A few people sent me PMs that said you're not dying, take a chill pill.  It was good to hear at such a scary time. 

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    yeah...

It does startle me sometimes if I am not paying attention, and all of a sudden there are names of dear ones who have long passed. I like to see those names, though. They're in my heart forever, anyway. It's the nature of it all, I guess. I realized the other day that I have quite a few friends on facebook who have already gone to Heaven. sad...

*hugs*

Gail

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

yeah...

It does startle me sometimes if I am not paying attention, and all of a sudden there are names of dear ones who have long passed. I like to see those names, though. They're in my heart forever, anyway. It's the nature of it all, I guess. I realized the other day that I have quite a few friends on facebook who have already gone to Heaven. sad...

*hugs*

Gail

Remember to look in the mirror

Occasionally Gail and you will see a  survivor. Hugs Ron.